MobiColour RESULT: MC #111 Theme: Texture - March 12-18, 2018

D2A285A1-141C-4D81-92CC-CE06D9AB32D1.jpeg

Sharp

I’ll
Embedded Texture - inside the ice in bubbles, the top surface of the ice was smooth.
View attachment 107115
view of the frog brain rather than the monkey brain.

Wow - I love ‘embedded texture’ - like the swirls and bubbles inside quartz crystal. Beautiful.

And ^cough^ I see Daffy Duck :)

Hey, Jilly, I am very well :) and you? I'm so glad all of you are still here and so happy to be back with you guys! I completely neglected photography in the last period, but now I've decided to come back and try to be more consistent and accountable with the help of this great community.

Work's great, but things have been pretty hectic entire last year. After the bar exam, I got into wedding planning stuff and then got married in August :inlove:

So now I am a married attorney at law :D expecting my first child this September :inlove:

Hey, Jilly, I am very well :) and you? I'm so glad all of you are still here and so happy to be back with you guys! I completely neglected photography in the last period, but now I've decided to come back and try to be more consistent and accountable with the help of this great community.

Work's great, but things have been pretty hectic entire last year. After the bar exam, I got into wedding planning stuff and then got married in August :inlove:

So now I am a married attorney at law :D expecting my first child this September :inlove:
Wow, you’ve packed a lot in!!!!!!! AND a baby! And you think you’ll have time for photography.:lmao: We’ll see. Until then we’re delighted to have you back.:thumbs:

Well, I am going to make time for photography! :lmao: at least until the baby arrives :D I realized some awful procrastinating habits are taking my time for photography, so now I'm planning to deal with them once and for all:angry:
Good for you! And when the baby comes you’ll be able to photograph him or her, so that’ll ensure that you take photos. And then you can post them on here.:thumbs:

c

Wow, Milica - you don’t do things by halves!

Congrats on being accepted to the bar - many good wishes for a fabulously interesting (and well-paid) career ⭐️

And congrats on marriage and soon-to-be baby ! We’re in for a treat of Milica-photography!

Coincidently I've just been handed a book by Edward Burtynsky as something that's "the sort of stuff you like" by a work colleague. There's some lovely stuff in there and it reminded me of the discussion on close up/far away texture further up the thread. A couple of examples, cropped but no edit.
20180315_153023-01.jpeg
20180315_152319-01.jpeg

I'm not even sure at what scale this last one is on.

Coincidently I've just been handed a book by Edward Burtynsky as something that's "the sort of stuff you like" by a work colleague. There's some lovely stuff in there and it reminded me of the discussion on close up/far away texture further up the thread. A couple of examples, cropped but no edit.View attachment 107132 View attachment 107133
I'm not even sure at what scale this last one is on.
The first is fascinating.

a book by Edward Burtynsky as something that's "the sort of stuff you like" .

Known for his “large format photographs of industrial landscapes” . . . Wow. Thanks for the education. I don’t know much about photography /photographers at all, and every new (to me) name is a treat.

I had a Google browse and now I want a big glossy book. I particularly love the ‘Shipbreaking’ images. And the waterways and minescapes (have a look at the great big holes being cut into my country) are spectacular - some hovering there that deepop would be proud of. And the close-up industry - materials and people - made my Friday morning, thank you :thumbs: :notworthy: :)

Back
Top Bottom