MobiColour RESULT: MC #124 Theme WET - June 11-17

Long exposure after sunset.
E856A03C-5BA9-4EFC-BE92-93D1805124FB.jpeg

There’s the fog train going by a ways offshore. A slight change in wind direction could bring it onshore or send it across the Bay of Fundy to Nova Scotia.
NightCap Pro, Long Exposure mode, Leonardo.

How long is the list? Are you going to share? We have a fairly specific set of interpretations here, I think. I have to check again but I think mainly literal. I remember my mum used to have an expression about a person being like a wet dishrag or something - clearly loses something in the translation - and another one about ‘slow or miserable as a wet week’....
Yes about a dozen ideas but not enough time to work on them. It’s true the photos are mainly literal interpretations of wet things. I thought, especially as how it is zenjenny setting the theme, that some more abstract interpretations of water would be welcome. Also, water is not static. It’s always in motion. Some things swell up when wet. Plants often bend down under the weight of rain water. BeCasso has a wetness control that’s worth exploring. So far I haven’t seen an app that simulates the gravity drooping wet watercolour effects the way Corel Painter does. Wet cement, wet paint, etc. There’s a lot of room to play.
Today I photographed some captivating water ripple patterns but I think people have had enough motions gifs for now.

Last edited:
How long is the list? Are you going to share? We have a fairly specific set of interpretations here, I think. I have to check again but I think mainly literal. I remember my mum used to have an expression about a person being like a wet dishrag or something - clearly loses something in the translation - and another one about ‘slow or miserable as a wet week’....
I've had my eye out all week for someone/thing being pathetic, ineffectual, lank, sorry for them selves, useless, etc. My mum used wet blanket as a descriptive and wet hen is not uncommon round here.

View attachment 110701
There’s the fog train going by a ways offshore. A slight change in wind direction could bring it onshore or send it across the Bay of Fundy to Nova Scotia.

LIke Ted’s image, I love the surreal quality that the long exposure has given to this.

I've had my eye out all week for someone/thing being pathetic, ineffectual, lank, sorry for them selves, useless, etc. My mum used wet blanket as a descriptive and wet hen is not uncommon round here.

I read the first seven words and freaked out.

Now I have regained my composure: ‘Wet blanket’, yes ! A spoilsport, dampens the mood - Someone who (I guess) smothers the flame ?

I’m sure I recall a dishrag in there somewhere. jalaislynn had the same mother, and has a better memory for these things . . . Lynne, does ‘Wet dishrag’ ring a bell?

View attachment 110701
I certainly love this capture. The colors and framing make for a dreamy capture. Beautiful work Brian :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom