MobiColour RESULT: MC #186 No Theme - August 19-25, 2019

. Except of course the week the gulf stream moved when it rained every single day.

:lmao:

Hard for an Australian to imagine rain [moreorless] every single day for a year. If we get a shower in summer it makes the papers.

But every single day except for the week you go to Scotland where it rains for that week in the middle of a heatwave — I’d be taking that personally.

:lmao:

Hard for an Australian to imagine rain [moreorless] every single day for a year. If we get a shower in summer it makes the papers.

But every single day except for the week you go to Scotland where it rains for that week in the middle of a heatwave — I’d be taking that personally.
Quite, I had a generalised pent up feeling of resentment for a good couple of months afterwards.

On a more positive note, we're having a barbie tonight off the back of this thread. We have nice, new to us garden furniture and a cold one in the fridge to look forward to. :D The forecast for the next week is very nice and I'm off work for it for the win.

R E L A X
D84F67AF-79FD-465A-8E17-D3778C1FDB78.jpeg

And they say that flies don’t serve some useful purpose!! Look at all that pollen on him. What a marvellous image, showing how beautiful a fly actually is.
Thanks Jilly. I just love macro photography. Still trying to perfect the ultimate setup. I had a monopod for this and an external light and no hands left to pull the trigger :lol:.

And if we didn’t have flies we wouldn’t have birds and frogs and if we didn’t have birds and frogs.... Well, what would life be like - not much.

Last edited:
Quite, I had a generalised pent up feeling of resentment for a good couple of months afterwards.

On a more positive note, we're having a barbie tonight off the back of this thread. We have nice, new to us garden furniture and a cold one in the fridge to look forward to. :D The forecast for the next week is very nice and I'm off work for it for the win.
Cheers!! :D

I've completely missed a trick with my panorama setting. It does vertical as well as horizontal. I've missed it because when you turn it on it indicates to move the camera horizontally as default. It's only by trying to do pano sabotage that I've discovered it by accident. When ever I have something too tall to fit in the whole screen I take two shots and stitch them together by hand. It's a teal pain and results can be patchy so I don't do it often. Now I don't have to.
The second shot was taken closer but is there for comparison. In the vertical pano I could position my phone in landscape and get a wider field of view as well.
20190824_202048-01.jpeg
20190824_195622.jpg

Last edited:
I've completely missed a trick with my panorama setting. It does vertical as well as horizontal. I've missed it because when you turn it on it indicates to move the camera horizontally as default. It's only by trying to do pano sabotage that I've discovered it by accident. When ever I have something too tall to fit in the whole screen I take two shots and stitch them together by hand. It's a teal pain and results can be patchy so I don't do it often. Now I don't have to.
The second shot was taken closer but is there for comparison. In the vertical pano I could position my phone in landscape and get a wider field of view as well.
View attachment 148732View attachment 148731
I always forget about doing a vertical pano too... these are great.

I like the moody feel to the first

I don’t think my phone has a vertical option but I just turn the phone to shoot vertically. Typically I use to photograph very tall trees. We don’t have a lot of cool castle-y looking buildings around here.

What is the place? It looks like it might be lighthouse. Or am I just imagining it on a coast?
The location is an old hill fort with 360 degree view around the landscape.
The building was built in honour of queen Victoria's jubilee. More ceremonial than functional I guess, that's the Victorians for you, too much wealth, power and colonialism to need to bother building things that are actually useful.

The location is an old hill fort with 360 degree view around the landscape.
The building was built in honour of queen Victoria's jubilee. More ceremonial than functional I guess, that's the Victorians for you, too much wealth, power and colonialism to need to bother building things that are actually useful.
Those were the days!

Amazingly, even though it's Sunday, I have to trundle off to dig through a chock-full garage to root out some family photos, so I'm going to be audacious and declare this MobiColour closed myself. And I apologize for the terse-ness :rolleyes: of this week's wrap-up, but here you go:

First place to ImageArt for "In the Moment," a fantastic macro shot. Look at the colors on that wing.

ba9070e7-3baf-4479-983e-32d2cb5bcd30-png.148649

A very close second place to sinnerjohn for "Dreaming of pigeons," great photo and great title that makes it even better.

hotcat-jpg.148593

Third place to Coronation80 for "Buy it!" -- my favorite street shot of the week. (And what exactly is that thing they're looking at?)

dsc_2886-2-jpg.148530

Honorable mentions to FundyBrian for Sunrise at the Bon Ami Rocks, jsi for . . . a shy Passion flower, and rizole for Ahhh.....

Amazingly, even though it's Sunday, I have to trundle off to dig through a chock-full garage to root out some family photos, so I'm going to be audacious and declare this MobiColour closed myself. And I apologize for the terse-ness :rolleyes: of this week's wrap-up, but here you go:

First place to ImageArt for "In the Moment," a fantastic macro shot. Look at the colors on that wing.

ba9070e7-3baf-4479-983e-32d2cb5bcd30-png.148649

A very close second place to sinnerjohn for "Dreaming of pigeons," great photo and great title that makes it even better.

hotcat-jpg.148593

Third place to Coronation80 for "Buy it!" -- my favorite street shot of the week. (And what exactly is that thing they're looking at?)

dsc_2886-2-jpg.148530

Honorable mentions to FundyBrian for Sunrise at the Bon Ami Rocks, jsi for . . . a shy Passion flower, and rizole for Ahhh.....
Good one Ted. A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do! Congratulations ImageArt Ann - that fly is awesome, and great for fly PR. Well done to sinnerjohn John and Coronation80 Stephen for 2nd and third. What a great, theme-free week it was. I wonder what Ann’s got in store for us?

Back
Top Bottom