MobiColour RESULT: MC #194 Theme: Trash or Treasure - October 14-20, 2019

Last years treasure before It became trash
20C048EA-71A9-49CF-9870-1D482F4C3CE3.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been taking this around with me all week on the off chance I can find somewhere to take a breath taking, award winning picture with it but I've struggled.
20191015_064252-01.jpeg

It's both trash and treasure. It's a Tango soft drink voodoo doll. Made in the late 90s and bought in my early 20s it's been lost in the garden, recovered and discarded in the bottom of a dusty box of whatever for a good couple of decades.
Treasure because it's currently selling for £40 or thereabouts on eBay. If I keep it for another 20 years it might make me a million.

You Decide

View attachment 150665

Trash or treasure?
That's a tricky decision I think. There comes a time when what you kept because it was historically, personally important, stops being so. But then it can be so embedded in your life that to just let go of it feels difficult or more bother than it's worth.
An object can become both revered and reviled or just forgotten and it's at that point where it's dusty and broken that the decision as to weather its trash or treasure can go either way.

I really think it a bit sad that with a good theme “ Treasure and/or Trash, so many trash photos are posted. So for balance, I shall keep posting Treasure photos, like it or lump it..;)). To get those apples and subsequently the picture I was stung 15 times after unknowingly kicking a wasps nest and they came at me with vengeance. But I still think my visit to the orchard was worth the risk to get to this ever so tasty natural treasure .And this is only part of the loot..;))))
180F1431-4721-4BE3-89B4-605FD8282941.jpeg

Last edited:
I really think it a bit sad that with a good theme “ Treasure and/or Trash, so many trash photos are posted. So for balance, I shall keep posting Treasure photos, like it or lump it..;)). To get those apples I was stung 15 times after unknowingly kicking a wasps nest and they came at me with vengeance. But I still think my visit to the orchard was worth the risk to get to this ever so tasty natural treasure .And this is only part of the loot..;))))View attachment 150746
15 stings? Wow. I was stung once and it knocked me out for a good half a day. How did 15 stings affect you?

I really think it a bit sad that with a good theme “ Treasure and/or Trash, so many trash photos are posted. So for balance, I shall keep posting Treasure photos, like it or lump it..;)). To get those apples I was stung 15 times after unknowingly kicking a wasps nest and they came at me with vengeance. But I still think my visit to the orchard was worth the risk to get to this ever so tasty natural treasure .And this is only part of the loot..;))))View attachment 150746
Wow, what are you going to do with them Hans? And don’t say “eat them” because it will take weeks to eat this lot even at an apple a day.

15 stings? Wow. I was stung once and it knocked me out for a good half a day. How did 15 stings affect you?
They got at me like a cloud. Up my trousers, my sleeves and into my hoody. Had to run back to my car. 300m!!My ears and neck hurt most, my hands and ankles too.lucky I wear glasses. And lucky I am not allergic. A couple of double gin tonics and some creme gave some relief.....and worth of all, I had to leave my bag of apples behind that day...But 5 days later the lumps are just itching....))

Last edited:
Wow, what are you going to do with them Hans? And don’t say “eat them” because it will take weeks to eat this lot even at an apple a day.
Today, all afternoon, I used my hand mixer to make apple mousse. My freezer is almost full. Coronation 80 has had a couple of bags for Apple crumble and the undamaged ones need to be wrapped singly in paper to last until x-mas or even January. Come by and pick up a bag for yourself..:))

Today, all afternoon, I used my hand mixer to make apple mousse. My freezer is almost full. Coronation 80 has had a couple of bags for Apple crumble and the undamaged ones need to be wrapped singly in paper to last until x-mas or even January. Come by and pick up a bag for yourself..:))
Ahhhh, apple mousse (sauce?). That’s exactly what I would have done with them. You were lucky with the wasps. They are really grumpy and aggressive at this time of year. I’ve only been stung once, on the foot, and that was excrutiating. It started off as a sharp sting and then just built and built into a terrible pain. I can’t imagine having 15 of those.:eek:

Ahhhh, apple mousse (sauce?). That’s exactly what I would have done with them. You were lucky with the wasps. They are really grumpy and aggressive at this time of year. I’ve only been stung once, on the foot, and that was excrutiating. It started off as a sharp sting and then just built and built into a terrible pain. I can’t imagine having 15 of those.:eek:
Some were worse than others. But it’s okay now. No more itching. And a cherry picker is employed today to harvest the orchard.

Back
Top Bottom