MobiColour RESULT: MC #211 Theme: Water - February 17-23, 2020

445EDE6F-BE41-4582-B632-B8C8999A16C3.jpeg

Egret's roost
Lightroom, Photos

The end of the week has snuck up on me once again... :confused: We didn't get a lot of submissions this week (not because we were short on the subject matter, I'm sure :eek: ) but we're not short on wonderful images! Whenever you're ready, sinnerjohn John.... :)

Well, as Catherine said, not a huge amount of submissions but the were some stunners posted anyway.

Odd really as water is all around us. We drink it, bathe in it (apart from rizole's legs) we exercise in it, the human body is 50% water and the Earth is 70% water. Oh and it flippin well rains down from the sky, esp in England it seems. Maybe my boobie water fountain put people off :lol:

But on to the judging. One image really stood out for me. Nagaisgich's Water and Ice is 1st this week. I'm always banging on about these photo competitions are all about location and in this case it certainly rings true, for me at least.
Like a beautiful ice kingdom, the like we will (probably) never see around my neck of the woods. Like an icy natural sculpture sitting against that oh so cold looking sea and that perfectly straight horizon. Fantastic image, well done Carmel.
1582488256020.png

2nd place goes to RoseCat who went for one of the weeks more unusual depictions of water, well it isn't unusual to be swimming in water but you get my meaning! Love those tones as ever.
F941BE32-FA1A-4DC9-8105-6B7C822C8BE0.jpeg

3rd I'm awarding ImageArt Ann's wonderful upside downy (or is it) reflection, very nice indeed.
AE43DBCF-E8FB-4D71-AB91-943697935943.jpeg

HM's to rizole's 'Watchmen' image, gwphotos73's water feature in the city image and lkbside Leslie's Strawberry Park Hot Spings images.

There wasn't really an image I didn't like this week, well done all.

Over to you Carmel for the next THEME!!

Well, as Catherine said, not a huge amount of submissions but the were some stunners posted anyway.

Odd really as water is all around us. We drink it, bathe in it (apart from rizole's legs) we exercise in it, the human body is 50% water and the Earth is 70% water. Oh and it flippin well rains down from the sky, esp in England it seems. Maybe my boobie water fountain put people off :lol:

But on to the judging. One image really stood out for me. Nagaisgich's Water and Ice is 1st this week. I'm always banging on about these photo competitions are all about location and in this case it certainly rings true, for me at least.
Like a beautiful ice kingdom, the like we will (probably) never see around my neck of the woods. Like an icy natural sculpture sitting against that oh so cold looking sea and that perfectly straight horizon. Fantastic image, well done Carmel.
View attachment 155497

2nd place goes to RoseCat who went for one of the weeks more unusual depictions of water, well it isn't unusual to be swimming in water but you get my meaning! Love those tones as ever.
View attachment 155502

3rd I'm awarding ImageArt Ann's wonderful upside downy (or is it) reflection, very nice indeed.
View attachment 155503

HM's to rizole's 'Watchmen' image, gwphotos73's water feature in the city image and lkbside Leslie's Strawberry Park Hot Spings images.

Great choices :)

congrats everyone.
Now I have to pick a theme that will bring everyone in from LurkerTown.

thanks for loving frozen Canada :).

the quantity may have been small but contributors definitely threw down so I’m awed to be among the choices! Congrats everyone:

Now I have to pick a theme that will bring in all the lurkers. :grimacing:. Wait ... or pick a theme that keeps it small ...;)

View attachment 155497

View attachment 155502

View attachment 155503

Well done, John!
Congrats Nagaisgich Carmel! Lovely image indeed. And the same to ImageArt Ann... really love your image.
Thank you, John, for my second place! :notworthy: Happy to be sandwiched in between such worthy images. High fives to the HMs!

View attachment 155497

View attachment 155502

View attachment 155503

Yep, Carmel’s image certainly stood out. Well done. Nice one Catherine! And thanks for my 3rd John.

Back
Top Bottom