MobiColour RESULT: MC #216 No Theme - March 30-April 5, 2020

HM's to Kevin Barrett for ‘Quarantined for just a tad?’ and RoseCat for her jigsaw and what looks like a letter box.

Joint 3rd place to Cap87 for Down at the beach and Asif for C O L O R S. Both very colourful with an oddly symetrical feel about the two shots. Welcome to the thread both.

2nd place goes to terse for his plant shots, specifically It's spring, regardless and Unfurling. Both bright, cheering shots, lovely colour and clarity.

First this week goes to Mr Maple Syrup him self, FundyBrian for his innovative sunrises and Red Head cliffs at low tide.
View attachment 156571

It's a lovely landscape, nice details and I love the strong contrast of the blue against the red/brown. I also like the way this is clearly a damp beach environment and at the same time also looks like an Aussy Uluru red desert type landscape. Nice work.
Well done FundyBrian, and many thanks for the second rizole :notworthy:. Congrats to Cap87 and Asif for those fine shots, too.

Bay of Fundy Sunrise
View attachment 156428
View attachment 156430
View attachment 156429
Actually, middle of the day photos through a 40 oz. bottle of maple syrup that arrived on our doorstep.
PureShot, Fusion.
Red Head cliffs at low tide.
View attachment 156490
Made a couple of days ago, about half way between low tide and the red Triassic sandstone cliff. I was using my iPhone with DJI Osmo Mobile powered gimbal to record some video and decided to try the panorama feature. This is about the middle third of the pano. It made 3 rows of 8 shots and we had to keep moving out of the way as the camera moved around. Unfortunately it was too windy for successful sound recording.

During this time of social distancing people are looking for somewhere to take a walk out in the open. Too many people from outside our area have started coming to walk on the local beaches on the weekend so we have to go somewhere else. Fortunately they don’t come around during the week so we get our beaches back. We have heard in Nova Scotia they are enforcing limited numbers of people at places like this.

This particular spot is not widely known and farther to walk to than most people want to go. It is also one of the places where you can get trapped by the rising tide if you have not left the area in time.

congrats on your win, Brian! From the home page I thought the image was our Uluru (I see our rizole has already made the comparison). Red dirt + damp beach is a disorienting sight to my Au eyes. Beautiful sight, though :inlove:

is that green from the saxifrage? It looks like what we call ‘jelly-bean’ - a little succulent that produces tiny flowers on the tips of its jellybeans:hearteyes: And I know pulsatilla as a homeopathic remedy - never seen the flower. Beautiful. I wonder why it has all that silky hair?
No, that's sedum album, same family as jelly beans.
I imagine the hair makes it less likely to be grazed or munched by insects perhaps.

HM's to Kevin Barrett for ‘Quarantined for just a tad?’ and RoseCat for her jigsaw and what looks like a letter box.

Joint 3rd place to Cap87 for Down at the beach and Asif for C O L O R S. Both very colourful with an oddly symetrical feel about the two shots. Welcome to the thread both.

2nd place goes to terse for his plant shots, specifically It's spring, regardless and Unfurling. Both bright, cheering shots, lovely colour and clarity.

First this week goes to Mr Maple Syrup him self, FundyBrian for his innovative sunrises and Red Head cliffs at low tide.
View attachment 156571

It's a lovely landscape, nice details and I love the strong contrast of the blue against the red/brown. I also like the way this is clearly a damp beach environment and at the same time also looks like an Aussy Uluru red desert type landscape. Nice work.
Congrats FundyBrian Brian!! Well done! I remember walking amongst these beautiful cliffs... :inlove:

High Fives to placers terse Ted, Cap87, Asif, and HM Kevin Barrett !! :D And I thank you kindly for my HM, Riz. :)

View attachment 156571

Nice work, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom