MobiColour RESULT: MC #222 Theme RED - May 25 - June 7, 2020

Brompton

47C6F5B3-A3DF-4A42-9594-F4D43E564C4E.jpeg

My bike.
No edits

Well if this is still running... I visited Bruton today and spied this old post box. Another older one I think was sort of hidden behind a van so I had to give it a miss.
013AF78E-5B39-4829-962F-82C8155ECC99.jpeg

It could well date from George V, so 1910 ish to mid-thirties.
iPhone XS and a small crop.

Well if this is still running... I visited Bruton today and spied this old post box. Another older one I think was sort of hidden behind a van so I had to give it a miss.
View attachment 158093
Just did some research and I see there is a small vi within the G R, so that dates this box to George Vl, the present Queen’s father.

View attachment 158093
OOoh, GR - that’s a good spot.:thumbs:

View attachment 158093
Do you ever visit Sherborne Nick ? I spent a very pleasant afternoon there many years ago.

Do you ever visit Sherborne Nick ? I spent a very pleasant afternoon there many years ago.
I know Sherborne very well; lived there for a few years a long time back, spent most of my working life based there. Last summer I took a few photos - over a period of about 20-25 minutes - whilst waiting for an appointment, to show what you can do with a phone.
I was quite pleased with them and put a selection in an album on here - I’m struggling to link it - but it’s called Get Involved! if you use the search box for it.
I rarely visit the town now except for business/dentists appointments etc., as I know it so well. Of course sometimes you tend not to appreciate the familiar, but the town has always had a good reputation and gets a lot of visitors.

OOoh, GR - that’s a good spot.:thumbs:
The one obscured by a van, farther down the street, had a curious design that puzzled me until I did some research on postalmuseum.org which revealed it was the Edward Vll insignia, a sort of interlocking E and R but heavily stylised (if that’s the right term for a design from that era). I also learnt that the oldest working pillar box (apparently) is in the village of Holwell, a few miles the other side of Sherborne (see above). You live and learn!

I know Sherborne very well; lived there for a few years a long time back, spent most of my working life based there. Last summer I took a few photos - over a period of about 20-25 minutes - whilst waiting for an appointment, to show what you can do with a phone.
I was quite pleased with them and put a selection in an album on here - I’m struggling to link it - but it’s called Get Involved! if you use the search box for it.
I rarely visit the town now except for business/dentists appointments etc., as I know it so well. Of course sometimes you tend not to appreciate the familiar, but the town has always had a good reputation and gets a lot of visitors.
Here’s the link! Nice images! Looks like a lovely place. I’d kinda like to visit.

Back
Top Bottom