MobiColour *Result* MCC #287 10 Jul-17Jul Theme: A Poster or Painting in the Scene

I’ll see your Martina Castro and raise you Hercule Poirot!

C4780CF5-7333-4D84-8387-E62FC687B91B.jpeg

Kettering Museum, England

For your amusement (and with pictures in the pictures), here is a scale model Lorraine built of a cottage she lived in from 1968 through 1972. First an overview, then a closer shot of her work area.

1AE647F1-2B02-4319-9597-810B6181364A.jpeg

0104FAAF-1294-45D7-BDA6-E694D135AD23.jpeg

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend of Lorraine's. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend of both of us and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.

Last edited:
For your amusement (and with pictures in the pictures), here is a scale model Lorraine built of a cottage she lived in from 1968 through 1972. First an overview, then a closer shot of her work area.

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
I like your Svengali stare.

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
Lorraine’s creation is awe inspiring.

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

On the desk, her Hermes 3000 typewriter and her pack of Marlboros. On the corkboard, that's me at the lower right, a sometime boyfriend at the time. Next to me is Lee, known as Baby, a friend and sometime boyfriend of Lorraine's. Top center is Craig, known as Maharishi Scott Jello, friend of both of us and several times roommate of mine. Bottom left corner is Lorraine herself at the door to the cottage. Upper right are Kathy, a friend of Lorraine's from high school, and her then-partner Scott. Upper left is a repro print of St. Jerome in his study.
Incredible

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

So detailed!!! I can’t believe that desk and chair and board. Look at you, you gorgeous thing! I’d really like a close-up of that bookcase.

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

This is AMAZING!!!!! That office detail is incredible. :inlove::notworthy::inlove::notworthy:

View attachment 183238

View attachment 183237

Absolutely Fabulous. Those were the days when you got what pieces of furniture you could acquire but homes were so cosy and personal.

After seeing the new series in the UK of The Great Big Tiny Design Challenge where miniaturists get knocked out every week, I‘ve had to control the itch to do a little room to put on my bookshelf. Spent a week trawling through Pinterest looking at the amazing things people do.

Back
Top Bottom