MobiColour MobiColour Challenge #251 July 19-Aug 1 Theme: Story

8FDDD70D-0626-454E-98CC-57277878822B.jpeg

Roadside mystery
Apple cam, Photos
(And if you zoom in, you'll see the colors on the door match the colors on the scarf.)

yep - my Still Life studies are inspired by the dutch painting school of the renaissance eras, which strived fir an almost photographic realism in their style. The 'Set Table' genre mostly consisted of foods - fruit, luxury items like good wine, grapes, rare meats etc on the finest silverware or crystal. Essentially they were a way to demonstrate wealth and status, saying "look what ive got - so much food and drink I can afford to let it stand around for a week, while a famous artist paints it" So from that point of view its sll about whats sat before you to admire, the tones and textures and the realism. Theres no actual narrative going on, its just showing off.
I was a painter long before I got interested in photography (photography was just a super quick way to get a reference for a painting) and I think sketches were what was used as a reference rather than week old food…the whole point being to show what “could be” more than what “was” so I’m not sure ‘showing off’ was the goal for most paintings.

I was a painter long before I got interested in photography (photography was just a super quick way to get a reference for a painting) and I think sketches were what was used as a reference rather than week old food…the whole point being to show what “could be” more than what “was” so I’m not sure ‘showing off’ was the goal for most paintings.
Me too - i used to draw and paint all the time, and then I discovered Photoshop and was able to create in minutes, what It would take days to do with paint. Then I got a smartphone and I came back to photography. Now I rarely pick up a brush or a pencil at all and hardly ever use Photoshop either for that matter!

Home At Last
Home At Last.JPG

iPhone 12 MP, Chromatica, Snapseed, Humans
Waiting for lunch to be served at a microbrewery in Maine last week. The moss pressed up against the inside of the window, an added surprise, appeared to be longing for the rain: and then lunch arrived

11B34DA4-5766-4200-AE04-C10024DADA22.png

I'm posting this as an example of 'narrative frame' for the Story theme. I haven't anywhere else suitable and its not for nomination in any category, but I took three shots today during graduation and stiched them together in Pixlr. Cracking little programme.

Back
Top Bottom