MobiColour MobiColour Challenge #251 July 19-Aug 1 Theme: Story

AAD0BD0B-3157-417B-A6D6-30C8668ADD70.jpeg

A story in code
Apple cam, Photos

MC#42 was a watershed moment. I suggest to WOTANICUS Bill that you go through those pages at your peril!!

Hah and rizole won, is that why you dredged it up!! Nine pages (mostly chat) Brian got grumpy by page 5. GroovyGouvy posted 40 images in one post, lots of amusing twists and turns. Brian got VERY grumpy by the end and I quoted Rod Stewart for some unearthly reason.
Happy days :lol:
Agh, I read through it and it all came flooding back.:rolleyes: Happy days (not).:lol:

Sadly agree, I may have to sit this one out. Its an interesting conundrum, I'm sure Ted will do well, wheelchair, cliff.........

Now I don't want to inadvertantly exclude anyone, so just to clarify the theme - 'Story' doesn't have to be interpreted literally - loads of the images I have seen on here have a hidden narrative flow. look at Ted's 'Tailgating' and the reflections in the polished surfaces, whats going on there? or Starzees 'Morning Light' - a frame, within a frame, but whats behind the curtain? and Sinnerjohn what about 'Batty'? Whats going on there? So don't let the theme put you off, were all creatives, so go for it!

I think its a tough one myself. I remember FundyBrian was quite disapointed in the low number of pics that actually told a story on the...let me see...November 2016 mobicolour challenge when the theme was story telling.
Not sure I agreed with his analysis then or now but I do think getting a candid narrative in a picture can be trickier than it might seem.
Might be time to make stuff up...
NOW i'm going to have to read all those posts, and not just for the Rod Stewart quote.

Now I don't want to inadvertantly exclude anyone, so just to clarify the theme - 'Story' doesn't have to be interpreted literally - loads of the images I have seen on here have a hidden narrative flow. look at Ted's 'Tailgating' and the reflections in the polished surfaces, whats going on there? or Starzees 'Morning Light' - a frame, within a frame, but whats behind the curtain? and Sinnerjohn what about 'Batty'? Whats going on there? So don't let the theme put you off, were all creatives, so go for it!
It takes a lot to put me off :lol:

I think its just being noted that some themes are tougher than others. Its made me do some thinking about narrative if nothing else. Lets see what develops :thumbs:

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but grandma on the cliff already appeared in MobiColour #3 and was called for but declined to appear in the (apparently now legendary) MobiColour #42. She's staying in the box.
ahh now youre really piling on the pressure! I'm struggling to keep up with the new stuff! I'll have to visit Mobi#3 too now!

ok - speed-read MC#42 and having a good giggle to myself. Certainly was a watershed! The commentary was hilarious. Rizoles Ammonite was indeed a cracker, but I think Jilly's leaf should have been higher in the ratings! Well lets get the elephant out of the room, I'm not that draconian or critical, so have fun with the challenge and dont let the ghost of #42 deter you!

I think its a tough one myself. I remember FundyBrian was quite disapointed in the low number of pics that actually told a story on the...let me see...November 2016 mobicolour challenge when the theme was story telling.
Not sure I agreed with his analysis then or now but I do think getting a candid narrative in a picture can be trickier than it might seem.
Might be time to make stuff up...

MC#42 was a watershed moment. I suggest to WOTANICUS Bill that you go through those pages at your peril!!

Hah and rizole won, is that why you dredged it up!! Nine pages (mostly chat) Brian got grumpy by page 5. GroovyGouvy posted 40 images in one post, lots of amusing twists and turns. Brian got VERY grumpy by the end and I quoted Rod Stewart for some unearthly reason.
Happy days :lol:

I hadn't dug that deeply. 40 images... That thread is the reason you can now only post 3 pics at any one time.
I had a great time looking through that! I wondered that same thing rizole .

'Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intrigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow!'

Just thinking aloud, if the image is static, like rizole's library, or my traffic cone, there really isn't any narrative aspect, apart from maybe the reason for them being there in the first place. So that would mean virtually anything could have a story.

On the other hand maybe if your image includes a 'human' element (or maybe animal) there is more chance of a narrative aspect emerging?

'Every picture tells a story, so I would like to see the photographic frame become the narrative frame - show me images that suggest something is about to happen, has happened, or is happening. I want images that lead me in, intrigue me and offer the suggestion of a narrative flow!'

Just thinking aloud, if the image is static, like rizole's library, or my traffic cone, there really isn't any narrative aspect, apart from maybe the reason for them being there in the first place. So that would mean virtually anything could have a story.

On the other hand maybe if your image includes a 'human' element (or maybe animal) there is more chance of a narrative aspect emerging?
Thats the key - unlike Brian's mega 'story-telling' theme, which needed an aspect of actual story to it, I am looking for a narrative frame. So, essentially, its something which makes you stop and consider what is happening in the image and what has transpired, or may yet happen. Like your image of the street scene with the person at the far end, striding along, or your traffic cone - the viewer is left wondering why? or whats happening. So the narrative itself unfolds in the mind of the viewer. It doesn't necessarily need a human element, either, the story can be contained in a scene.

Back
Top Bottom