• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Problem Notifications get filtered as spam by Google

ubbyisis

MobiLurver
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hi, I know that most people don't like notifications, but I really appreciate them sometimes. So I set up my account to give me notifications on certain posts in the 365 project. But I don't get them. Today I found a lot of them in my Gmail spam folder - with comment from Google that the messages didn't comply with certain rules they have.
When the MT app still was alive I got the notifications I wanted
I guess this can not be solved, but I wanted to mention this as it perhaps affects everyone with a Gmail address. Tried to make some kind of filter but it did not help.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hi, I know that most people don't like notifications, but I really appreciate them sometimes. So I set up my account to give me notifications on certain posts in the 365 project. But I don't get them. Today I found a lot of them in my Gmail spam folder - with comment from Google that the messages didn't comply with certain rules they have.
When the MT app still was alive I got the notifications I wanted
I guess this can not be solved, but I wanted to mention this as it perhaps affects everyone with a Gmail address. Tried to make some kind of filter but it did not help.
There should be some way that you can mark that “from” email as Not Spam so that they will go to your In Box. :confusing:

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
Whoop! Thanks for reporting ubbyisis. Your fix is spot on.

I have made some changes to hopefully improve general deliverability but as all email comes from our one server IP, google can sometimes think it is spam, if it's a particularly busy period.

As I say though, you have already implemented a great workaround from your end, so nice work, and I would like to offer you your first 'Mobitog Tech Lv1' spanner set.

ubbyisis

MobiLurver
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Whoop! Thanks for reporting ubbyisis. Your fix is spot on.

I have made some changes to hopefully improve general deliverability but as all email comes from our one server IP, google can sometimes think it is spam, if it's a particularly busy period.

As I say though, you have already implemented a great workaround from your end, so nice work, and I would like to offer you your first 'Mobitog Tech Lv1' spanner set.
Thank you Sir :notworthy::inlove: