• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

On the road again...

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m looking forward to my upcoming holiday to South America and will be keeping you all up-to-date with my progress from the 24th October although from what I have read internet connections will be slow and not always available. First stop Rio!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’m looking forward to my upcoming holiday to South America and will be keeping you all up-to-date with my progress from the 24th October although from what I have read internet connections will be slow and not always available. First stop Rio!
I’m excited too!!!! :D

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yay, you’ve started your thread! Woo hoo - Rio here we come.:lol: Could we have an idea of our vicarious travel route?

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yay, you’ve started your thread! Woo hoo - Rio here we come.:lol: Could we have an idea of our vicarious travel route?
I’ll deal with you later... :mobibabe:
(Brazil)Rio-Pantanal-Iguazu Falls-(Argentina)Buenos Aires-Puerto Madryn-Ushuaia-Calafate-(Chile)Torres Del Paine-Puerto Varas-Bariloche-Santiago-Valparaiso-home

517719C0-40FB-432B-843E-C5D95762D479.png

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ll deal with you later... :mobibabe:
(Brazil)Rio-Pantanal-Iguazu Falls-(Argentina)Buenos Aires-Puerto Madryn-Ushuaia-Calafate-(Chile)Torres Del Paine-Puerto Varas-Bariloche-Santiago-Valparaiso-home

View attachment 115793
It’s going to be AWESOME! Can’t wait. Oooh, Chile. Torres is my favourite winemaker. I wonder if you’ll be near there?:)

deepop

No Mobi-limiter...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
And deepop David & Grace will be heading down under soon. Are you going to start a thread for the trip, David? :D No pressure.... :rolleyes: :whistle: <glances at watch> :coffee:
No, no, lots of pressure. We can then travel to South America AND Australia without getting out of our chairs.
I'm sure I'll manage something.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Wed 24th Rio

Our first day in Rio. It's not really what I expected but then I'm not sure what I expected! I think the overriding feeling was a city with massive potential ruined by lack of money as a result of large scale corruption. A city dotted with wonderful old colonial buildings in pretty bad shape and this is after much renovation as a result of the Olympic Games. It seems that worthy projects are undertaken and then left to rot with no finances to maintain them.

Although it didn't rain it was quite cloudy so I got a decent image of Christ the Redeemer but nothing much else. The hawk was a bit of a bonus.

IMG_6182.JPG

Our next stop was the Bohemian Santa Teresa district which used to be a place for the rich and famous but due to poor people moving in next door became an area for artists and musicians. We drove around most of the time and I watched fabulous images rushing past. Such wonderful graffiti too although not all wanted. I would loved to have spent hours walking around here and really soaking up the old houses and interesting people.
Snapseed
IMG_6184.JPG

IMG_6189.JPG

IMG_6190.JPG

Snapseed and Hipstamatic
HipstamaticPhoto-562107393.270170.jpg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Wed 24th Rio

Our first day in Rio. It's not really what I expected but then I'm not sure what I expected! I think the overriding feeling was a city with massive potential ruined by lack of money as a result of large scale corruption. A city dotted with wonderful old colonial buildings in pretty bad shape and this is after much renovation as a result of the Olympic Games. It seems that worthy projects are undertaken and then left to rot with no finances to maintain them.

Although it didn't rain it was quite cloudy so I got a decent image of Christ the Redeemer but nothing much else. The hawk was a bit of a bonus.

View attachment 115992

Our next stop was the Bohemian Santa Teresa district which used to be a place for the rich and famous but due to poor people moving in next door became an area for artists and musicians. We drove around most of the time and I watched fabulous images rushing past. Such wonderful graffiti too although not all wanted. I would loved to have spent hours walking around here and really soaking up the old houses and interesting people.
Snapseed
View attachment 115993
View attachment 115994
View attachment 115995
Snapseed and Hipstamatic
View attachment 115996
These are great!! :inlove: