• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Contest Online Contests & Events 2020

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hey, we need a 2020 thread or do we have one?? Yay, MDAC is back!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Yes, I had an email this morning. I’ll have a look at setting up a thread. :thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

Yes, I had an email this morning. I’ll have a look at setting up a thread. :thumbs:
No worries, I moved these two posts to a new thread. :thumbs:

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Did anyone else enter this? I thought I entered three images, but only got confirmation for one. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a way to see your images.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Did anyone else enter this? I thought I entered three images, but only got confirmation for one. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a way to see your images.
No, I don’t have anything I’d want to enter. And I don’t like the look of the judges. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I think we had this trouble last year didn’t we? I vaguely remember something like this happening with a competition, although I did think it was Monday yesterday, and got ready to go down to the pub for provisions. Even when Rog told me it was Sunday, I had to check.:lol:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I haven't sent anything in yet, but I will. They did have problems with notifications the last time it came up (a couple of years ago), but they did get them straightened out. I'd just send them a query -- it's not a big organization, just a couple of people in the main, I think.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
When it says 'painting' does it mean painted er from scratch like a painting?

Funny that last years Paining winner looks more like a photograph and the 'photograph' section looks more like painting. Or maybe I'm missing something ;)

Also looking at the theme, chances are they will be looking for more DFP's ;)

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I had the same question last time, and there's still no clear explanation on the site. Looking at the past winners and HMs in each group, though, I'd guess that "painting" means painted from scratch, more or less, rather than "photo with a painterly effect." It looks to me as though everything I've ever done would go in the photo category, even the manipulated ones.

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Funny that last years Paining winner looks more like a photograph and the 'photograph' section looks more like painting. Or maybe I'm missing something ;)

Yes, I couldn’t really distinguish between them looking at last years. I went with photo/art.

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
No, I don’t have anything I’d want to enter. And I don’t like the look of the judges. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I think we had this trouble last year didn’t we? I vaguely remember something like this happening with a competition, although I did think it was Monday yesterday, and got ready to go down to the pub for provisions. Even when Rog told me it was Sunday, I had to check.:lol:
I did sort it out. I re-entered the two that I didn’t get a reply for and it worked the second time.

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
How about if I rummage through your stuff and pick some things for you to enter? :D
Yes! I only looked through two pages of your 366 and found a some pretty cool shots!

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Yes, that was definitely the general comment last time and the dilemma I particularly have. What goes where - it’s never been clear.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I haven’t entered yet but I do intend to. Yes, only two judges and one a DFP lover...hmmm. Still I’ll give it a go. My deformed cat might get the nod :lol:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I haven’t entered yet but I do intend to. Yes, only two judges and one a DFP lover...hmmm. Still I’ll give it a go. My deformed cat might get the nod :lol:
Well, I finally managed to get myself together and send three in, although the little box that says "Write a few lines about your work" nearly caused me to give up.