Online storage

fredjclaus

MobiStarter
Real Name
Fred Claus
Device
Samsung
I've been reading a lot of old posts, but can't find anything recent. Where do you all store your images? I use Instagram to post the ones I want to share, but currently I use Google Photos as a place to hold all my images both personal and artistic. Is there a better place than Google to host? I was looking at Flickr, Amazon Photos, and SmugMug.

Thoughts?

I've been reading a lot of old posts, but can't find anything recent. Where do you all store your images? I use Instagram to post the ones I want to share, but currently I use Google Photos as a place to hold all my images both personal and artistic. Is there a better place than Google to host? I was looking at Flickr, Amazon Photos, and SmugMug.
Until recently, I only had a fairly slow connection, so I store all of my images locally. I transfer all my phone photos to my iPad at the end of each session/day, and then I back up the photos from the iPad to my laptop at intervals. The laptop gets regularly backed up to a local network drive, and I also keep a clone of the laptop drive for an extra backup. I've been thinking of shunting my main photo storage off to another network drive for access from any of my devices, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
I see you DID start a thread! :lmao: Never mind…….

I have a copy on a seperate hard drive, a copy on my phone (which has much more storage capacity than my first PC) and one on OneDrive which I have access to via my work.

Thoughts?

On my Imac I have 2TB of space, then two Google Photo's plus Flickr and then my other spare Hard Drives, then on both my phones I have 256 GB.

I have say, I thought I only had iCloud, turns out I also have Google photo. Unknown to me it’s been quietly backing me up. There’s twice the photos there as on my iCloud because I’ve never visited to delete anything. :lmao:

I have say, I thought I only had iCloud, turns out I also have Google photo. Unknown to me it’s been quietly backing me up. There’s twice the photos there as on my iCloud because I’ve never visited to delete anything. :lmao:
I recently turned off my Google photos... I didn't realize that if you delete an image in Google photos it deletes it from your camera roll!! That is ridiculous. Bye bye Google. :cautious: :angry:

I recently turned off my Google photos... I didn't realize that if you delete an image in Google photos it deletes it from your camera roll!! That is ridiculous. Bye bye Google. :cautious: :angry:
I didn’t know that. Rather invasive, isn’t i?

I rely upon iCloud and Amazon Prime, plus make various files for ‘projects’ which live on my desktop iMac and backup hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom