'Original Fictions'

RHKing

MobiAddict
Real Name
Robert H King
Device
iPhone X
Hi. Following on from my post about my 'Seeing The Unseen' exhibition I thought I'd post a few images over the next week or so from the 'Original Fictions' series from the show.

This one is titled 'The World Outside'

I've misplaced the workflow on this but it is made up from about 5 separate images: kids on a bench on a pier, a garden wall, a window from a derelict building, the sky from a holiday snap and some balloons my son released on his birthday. The Apps used:
Camera + for the captures and colour treatments
Handy Photo to clone out unwanted elements and make it square
Superimpose to build up the layers
Distressed Fx for additional texture
Oggl for the frame and final colour treatment.

image.jpg

Hi. Following on from my post about my 'Seeing The Unseen' exhibition I thought I'd post a few images over the next week or so from the 'Original Fictions' series from the show.

This one is titled 'The World Outside'

I've misplaced the workflow on this but it is made up from about 5 separate images: kids on a bench on a pier, a garden wall, a window from a derelict building, the sky from a holiday snap and some balloons my son released on his birthday. The Apps used:
Camera + for the captures and colour treatments
Handy Photo to clone out unwanted elements and make it square
Superimpose to build up the layers
Distressed Fx for additional texture
Oggl for the frame and final colour treatment.

View attachment 58145

Love this! Ditto Catherine's comments re magical! Did you start with that image in mind? Or did the (final image) evolve as you put the various elements together?

(The two crows on the ground really add something for me.)

Catherine and Jen, thanks so much for your comments. It's things like this that make MobiTog a great and supportive place to be.

Jen, I saw the kids on the bench eating Ice Cream and knew it would make a good element to use. I tend to 'collect' moments like these and when I get an idea for an image I spend some time going through my archive picking things out until it all starts to connect. I had a picture of a broken window on a derelict building and was looking at it when my 8 year old son asked if he could go outside to release his birthday balloons , we did and the composition just fell into place in my head. It took me about 2 days of tweaking to get to the finished work. Glad you like the crows, they were the last finishing touch.

Back
Top Bottom