Other worldly photography

Geek1956

IOTM Winner - Mar, May, Oct 21 & Jan, Mar 22
Real Name
Kevin
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Just finished watching this video about getting creative with night photography using coloured cellophane, Vaseline etc. The video is linked through the articlev

Just finished watching this video about getting creative with night photography using coloured cellophane, Vaseline etc. The video is linked through the articlev
Fantastic! I subscribe to Cult of Mac so don’t know how I manage to miss this. It’ll be winter before I’m still awake after dark (early to bed early to rise) but in the meantime I can’t wait to experiment with putting stuff in front of the lens. As I watched the video, the first Mobitogger that popped into my mind was ubbyisis Eva, who is lives in the far north.

Fantastic! I subscribe to Cult of Mac so don’t know how I manage to miss this. It’ll be winter before I’m still awake after dark (early to bed early to rise) but in the meantime I can’t wait to experiment with putting stuff in front of the lens. As I watched the video, the first Mobitogger that popped into my mind was ubbyisis Eva, who is lives in the far north.
Great, I must check this up and buy some cellophane :lol: Thanks for thinking of me up here on lat 61:cool:

I picked it up accidentally, I’m not a great YouTube watcher but this one caught my eye. I got out of bed after watching it and did some shots from the back balcony. The young lady’s work was awsome

Thanks, Kevin! Great ideas. This is when I wish I was still in HK. It was a wonderful place to do night shots. These ideas would have been perfect.
Same here , although we’re in lockdown our CBD has some great spots. The wood shots looked great too

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Very interesting, thanks Kevin. I want some coloured film now, and night-time of course.

I took an online macro course some time back where the teacher put different types of fabrics over a macro lens sometimes with a hole in the middle. It was for DSLRs but I was hoping to apply the principles to mobile photography and quite a lot was relevant.

So after being inspire by the video Kevin linked to above I thought I would give it a go.

This one was taken using a stocking with a hole in it. The fabric is really too thick but it worked well for these shells which I further grunged up in Snapseed.

A5A34ECD-FDA3-493C-9F6A-CE3FD6B28FF9.jpeg

Here’s the original. I cropped it because the stocking was a bit harsh as you can see.

303E3F3B-9A49-4C19-9741-C243E1825700.jpeg

Next I tried through a double layer of blue silvery ribbon. Again I did some post processing in Snapseed, saturating and applying a grunge.

DF8CDDAF-3231-414E-9248-80FF042D6983.png

Original. I like the dreamy original as much.

B7CB0E6C-BD00-42C5-BD43-7F90CB8BEDD3.jpeg

Here are some of my ’tools’. I used a cheap 37mm x10 macro lens that I attached to my Moment cover using their 37mm adapter. Then there is the blue ribbon and burgundy ribbon I used in this and the next images.

7D7C6ABA-B966-4744-916C-CBCDDB8BD470.jpeg

Finally some images taken with the burgundy ribbon, mostly double layer, sometimes further away from the lens and sometimes with a jagged hole in the centre.

1C145D8F-182A-40B5-A04C-DB09ADCB4AB2.png
36AD289D-0F26-4F3F-A3BF-911CF917CFAC.jpeg
B7003D47-95AD-4709-B0B7-BB81907F10FE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom