• > Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and your MobiStaff... x x <

Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
this my dog who died last September. Still missed! Little Reggie was always ready for a hike and even more ready for lunch break.

View attachment 155810

Aww, RIP Reggie, lovely boy. Is he a Lakeland? How long did you have him?

Our Sam Jack Russel x has been gone six years, we have had our beautiful Djanga dog for 2.5 years, and I miss Sam every day. Mostly just *those* memories of how he loved or did this or that, that time when. . . And it’s kindof nice to talk about differences we‘ve noticed as Djanga has grown up (apart from the fact that she is ten times bigger :lmao: )

Sam was a therapy dog and came to work with me just about every day for most of his ten years. So it makes sense to me that six years later I still notice that it’s just me in my room, that we’re not going for a walk every break — and all the other tiny little rituals leave such big holes when they’re gone.

But mainly I think a lot of us daft humans do actually understand something of the gift our puppydog companions give/teach us. That “unconditional love” that we rabbit on about but don’t really understand - all that simple in-the-moment joy and acceptance of their humans in all their imperfections . . .

Cat companions of course are an entirely different story :lmao: . And I have no experience to draw on with fish, guinea pigs, rats, ferrets, birds and others... Though I love having chickens :)

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Or Hodge on a royal tour of his estate.
isn’t it? :lmao: That little swish of his tail, and his hackle just a bit fluffed up . . .

My DH is quite a cat whisperer (apparently not unusual in autistic people) and he makes sense of the most minute (to me) shifts in the language of tails. Dogs, too - but cats are his thing. I’ve suggested he compile a kindof glossy coffee table atlas/book. He points out (and now he says it, it makes sense) that most non-autistic people wouldn’t be interested in that much detail, and most autistic people would be able to work it out for themselves.