Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

Wow is she tall! And so svelte. :inlove:
Haha, yes, but it's not the best angle for showing Sheba's perfect posture, as she's standing on a downward slope, (her hind legs on higher ground than her front ones) plus in this pic she kinda looks like her hind end is sloping, when it fact her back is ramrod level, from the withers (shoulders) right to her rump... a rare trait in this era of endless "roach-backed" specimens. I'll have to try to take another side-view pic of Sheba, while standing on a level surface.

Haha, yes, but it's not the best angle for showing Sheba's perfect posture, as she's standing on a downward slope, (her hind legs on higher ground than her front ones) plus in this pic she kinda looks like her hind end is sloping, when it fact her back is ramrod level, from the withers (shoulders) right to her rump... a rare trait in this era of endless "roach-backed" specimens. I'll have to try to take another side-view pic of Sheba, while standing on a level surface.
She looks beautiful to me, just as she is. :hearteyes:

This pic better illustrates Sheba's rather unique, "pony-with-giraffe's-legs" proportions!

:hearteyes:

I remember when our Djanga-dog was in that adolescent stage of looking a bit like a table -- legs longer every day with a comparatively flat small top. And Djanga is a normal-sized big dog. At that stage Sheba must have looked like a giraffe who’d somehow misplaced her neck and half of her body :lmao:

:hearteyes:

I remember when our Djanga-dog was in that adolescent stage of looking a bit like a table -- legs longer every day with a comparatively flat small top... At that stage Sheba must have looked like a giraffe who’d somehow misplaced her neck and half of her body :lmao:
Oh no, Sheba is quite upset with you. I never should have let her read your "looked like a giraffe who misplaced her neck" comment! Now I must go comfort our poor, traumatized, neckless giraffe.
PS: Sheba just asked me to tell you that "Any giraffe WISHES they looked as pretty as me!"

Oh no, Sheba is quite upset with you. I never should have let her read your "looked like a giraffe who misplaced her neck" comment! Now I must go comfort our poor, traumatized, neckless giraffe.
PS: Sheba just asked me to tell you that "Any giraffe WISHES they looked as pretty as me!"

oh dear, Sheba, You are truly a queen of all dogs, and I most humbly apologise for my clumsy terminology.

here‘s a picture of our Djanga [sharing a play tent with grandbaby #3] and taking time out to tell Sheba: ‘Sheba, you not know the half of if: I have to *live* with her’ o_O

6EC484E0-D81E-47C1-AC61-87845AB2EB88.jpeg

Day 7 of catflap watch and I'm starting to feel the benefit of the constant surveillance.
Not one cat has come in today so far. Even better, the main culprit (who has been coming in up to 7 times a day) rolled up, sat outside the cat flap for a couple of minutes sniffing around and then left... result.
Screenshot_20191010-180143.png

Day 7 of catflap watch and I'm starting to feel the benefit of the constant surveillance.
Not one cat has come in today so far. Even better, the main culprit (who has been coming in up to 7 times a day) rolled up, sat outside the cat flap for a couple of minutes sniffing around and then left... result.
View attachment 150450
What do you think is putting them off?

What do you think is putting them off?
The alarm itself didnt seem todo more than stop them in their tracks initially but because whenever the alarm goes of one of us comes to the kitchen, they have associated the alarm with being chased.
As the week has gone on, the alarm seems to be doing it on its own, which is useful as there's not always someone in the house to chase them.

The alarm itself didnt seem todo more than stop them in their tracks initially but because whenever the alarm goes of one of us comes to the kitchen, they have associated the alarm with being chased.
As the week has gone on, the alarm seems to be doing it on its own, which is useful as there's not always someone in the house to chase them.
Brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom