Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

HRH Lucy.

Although her front paws are in repose, her back legs are ready to spring. Always.

Snapseed, iColorama, Pastello Pro

FB742093-3E3C-4BB3-B77E-DF959DC52061.jpeg

this my dog who died last September. Still missed! Little Reggie was always ready for a hike and even more ready for lunch break.

View attachment 155810

Aww, RIP Reggie, lovely boy. Is he a Lakeland? How long did you have him?

Our Sam Jack Russel x has been gone six years, we have had our beautiful Djanga dog for 2.5 years, and I miss Sam every day. Mostly just *those* memories of how he loved or did this or that, that time when. . . And it’s kindof nice to talk about differences we‘ve noticed as Djanga has grown up (apart from the fact that she is ten times bigger :lmao: )

Sam was a therapy dog and came to work with me just about every day for most of his ten years. So it makes sense to me that six years later I still notice that it’s just me in my room, that we’re not going for a walk every break — and all the other tiny little rituals leave such big holes when they’re gone.

But mainly I think a lot of us daft humans do actually understand something of the gift our puppydog companions give/teach us. That “unconditional love” that we rabbit on about but don’t really understand - all that simple in-the-moment joy and acceptance of their humans in all their imperfections . . .

Cat companions of course are an entirely different story :lmao: . And I have no experience to draw on with fish, guinea pigs, rats, ferrets, birds and others... Though I love having chickens :)

Last edited:

Or Hodge on a royal tour of his estate.

isn’t it? :lmao: That little swish of his tail, and his hackle just a bit fluffed up . . .

My DH is quite a cat whisperer (apparently not unusual in autistic people) and he makes sense of the most minute (to me) shifts in the language of tails. Dogs, too - but cats are his thing. I’ve suggested he compile a kindof glossy coffee table atlas/book. He points out (and now he says it, it makes sense) that most non-autistic people wouldn’t be interested in that much detail, and most autistic people would be able to work it out for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom