Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

I don’t think I’ve shared in this thread before. Which is crazy because I’ve got a lot of furry house mates. Lol

here’s a few pictures from this week. The cats have all decided the craziness of moving was worth it and they much prefer the new house. Probably because they get their own little house in the back yard now!

this is Spike. She’s sitting on the threshold of what she thinks is her castle. The Cat house. She’s kinda feral, and I’m shocked we were able to get her here... and that she didn’t run off. But, she’s even more personable now and is running up to greet us these days. Interesting what happens when you give a cat an old potting shed. Lol
View attachment 156407

this is Neville. The night we moved him to the new house. We didn’t move the cats till day 3, after I was able to get the food and litter all set up. He’s a very cuddly clingy cat and had missed his snuggles. I was trying to write out a shopping list, but he had other ideas. He needed mending from the loneliness. So of course I gave in and loved on him.

View attachment 156408

more in next post....
Awwww, just gorgeous. Spike has a lot of character in that face. :hearteyecat: And you can’t beat jigsaws for whiling away an day or so. We haven’t started ours yet - The Eiffel Tower with views of boats on the Seine!!! There’s a lot of river!!!!

lol. I’m not sure how the picture of my husband building a puzzle got attached, but it’s there to stay. Haha! Ok back to the animals!

These two are Luna and Tonks. (Striped one Luna, Silver Tonks) As you can see, we had a Harry Potter litter. ;) (Neville, Luna and Tonks) they are both checking out the new stomping grounds outside. Tonks has decided she only wants to be outside. She’s taken up the job as house protector and is always marching around the yard, watching for whatever she decides shouldn’t be here. Usually it’s a butterfly.
937F4009-0096-4FC9-B15C-AF98EE900DE3.jpeg

This is Bug. Thus named because he loves to bug you. Like annoyingly bug you. All the time! He is the happiest cat I’ve ever known. He was bitten by a brown recluse on his neck as a kitten. I thought there was no way he was going to survive. The stuff ate through his neck and it was pretty awful for a bit. But this cat stayed happy, affectionate and annoyingly adorable through the whole time. He healed up nicely and you can’t tell he was ever on deaths door. He’s got a little scar and that’s it. He is also HUGE. he weighs in at 12 pounds. He’s only 9 months old! We call him Chonk, too. :) cause Damn! He’s Chonky! Lol
9CA28725-36B2-477E-85E0-9F533212DF4C.jpeg

last for today... bug cuddling with Pip Squeak. She’s our baby of the family. Same age as bug, but she’s tiny tiny tiny. And she squeaks when she meows, which explains her name. She’s our Pip Squeak, or baby girl. She is Spikes baby. Spike isn’t a good momma. She tries to hide the babies in places that are dangerous. I had to take pip and her brother away at 3 weeks and let bug’s momma adopt them. Spike had kidnapped all the kittens (her’s and the other momma’s litter) and hid them in a fox’s den! During a flood!!! Hoping this move helps us be able to get spike in to be spayed. I couldn’t do it before cause she would become violent when being picked up. Hoping her trust has grown with the gift of her castle lol

8BE5E58D-73E1-409F-9A3E-B16B3F427B6B.jpeg

I’ll post more soon! We have 9 cats and 1 dog. I’ll pace myself. Lol

And you can’t beat jigsaws for whiling away an day or so. We haven’t started ours yet - The Eiffel Tower with views of boats on the Seine!!! There’s a lot of river!!!!
We're on our second one, but it's one of those annoying ones where the pieces won't stay hooked together, which is bad enough by itself, but then Hodge jumps up on the table to see what we're doing...

I don’t think I’ve shared in this thread before. Which is crazy because I’ve got a lot of furry house mates. Lol

here’s a few pictures from this week. The cats have all decided the craziness of moving was worth it and they much prefer the new house. Probably because they get their own little house in the back yard now!

this is Spike. She’s sitting on the threshold of what she thinks is her castle. The Cat house. She’s kinda feral, and I’m shocked we were able to get her here... and that she didn’t run off. But, she’s even more personable now and is running up to greet us these days. Interesting what happens when you give a cat an old potting shed. Lol
View attachment 156407

this is Neville. The night we moved him to the new house. We didn’t move the cats till day 3, after I was able to get the food and litter all set up. He’s a very cuddly clingy cat and had missed his snuggles. I was trying to write out a shopping list, but he had other ideas. He needed mending from the loneliness. So of course I gave in and loved on him.

View attachment 156408

more in next post....
Awwwwwww.... how sweet!!! And I just love that you have a Cat House!! :hearteyecat::smirkcat:

Awwwwwww.... how sweet!!! And I just love that you have a Cat House!! :hearteyecat::smirkcat:

when I first found this house, I wanted it so bad simply because of the cat house. There are three storage buildings. Two metal large ones and the potting shed. I knew it would be a perfect house. Took me months to convince my husband to take the leap into home ownership. Once he did, everything just happened so quickly! We were in the house in just over a month. I’m still frazzled and find it all so unbelievable. The cats, on the other hand, settled right on in! I’m still working on the cat house. It has a lot of shelves for them to climb on, but they need some cleaning. Right now they have their fav chair out there, blankets, an old bed topper and several pillows plus food/water bowls. I’m planning on running water to it so we can set up a permanent water bowl. It gets too hot here in the summer to not have constant fresh water available. You’d think it was already a 5 star hotel, they love it! Most of the cats were either strays or kittens of strays, so this is all a huge improvement from what life could have been for them. I’m beyond excited to be able to do it. I’m considering fostering later on once it’s all set up, but that’s a fight with the hubby I don’t wanna have yet. Lol

here’s a picture of Floof Noodle (real name is Orangie, but my husband changed it because he likes to slink around like a wet noodle. Bryan isn’t a cat person, so when he shows attention or interest in one of the cats... it’s kinda a big deal) he is Pip’s
Brother. We thought we had lost him when we took pip from their mom, Spike. She took him and hid him for two weeks! Thankfully she took good care and we found him all nice and plump living his best wild life. Now he’s the most docile cat we have. Cuddly, affectionate and has chosen Katelyn (my daughter) as his person.
FF2B2753-D051-4780-8809-BC969959609C.jpeg

when I first found this house, I wanted it so bad simply because of the cat house. There are three storage buildings. Two metal large ones and the potting shed. I knew it would be a perfect house. Took me months to convince my husband to take the leap into home ownership. Once he did, everything just happened so quickly! We were in the house in just over a month. I’m still frazzled and find it all so unbelievable. The cats, on the other hand, settled right on in! I’m still working on the cat house. It has a lot of shelves for them to climb on, but they need some cleaning. Right now they have their fav chair out there, blankets, an old bed topper and several pillows plus food/water bowls. I’m planning on running water to it so we can set up a permanent water bowl. It gets too hot here in the summer to not have constant fresh water available. You’d think it was already a 5 star hotel, they love it! Most of the cats were either strays or kittens of strays, so this is all a huge improvement from what life could have been for them. I’m beyond excited to be able to do it. I’m considering fostering later on once it’s all set up, but that’s a fight with the hubby I don’t wanna have yet. Lol

here’s a picture of Floof Noodle (real name is Orangie, but my husband changed it because he likes to slink around like a wet noodle. Bryan isn’t a cat person, so when he shows attention or interest in one of the cats... it’s kinda a big deal) he is Pip’s
Brother. We thought we had lost him when we took pip from their mom, Spike. She took him and hid him for two weeks! Thankfully she took good care and we found him all nice and plump living his best wild life. Now he’s the most docile cat we have. Cuddly, affectionate and has chosen Katelyn (my daughter) as his person.
View attachment 156445
Beautiful feline.

Awwww, just gorgeous. Spike has a lot of character in that face. :hearteyecat: And you can’t beat jigsaws for whiling away an day or so. We haven’t started ours yet - The Eiffel Tower with views of boats on the Seine!!! There’s a lot of river!!!!
This is their second one to do. The first went really quick. The kids treated it like a competition and wanted to be the one that found the most pieces. But the one we have up now is quite a bit more difficult. So it’s been up almost a week now. They work on it every night with their dad, but walk away often. I find it fascinating to watch their progress.

View attachment 156445
Awwwww.... I ❤️ Floof!!!
I’d love to see more pics of the Cat Castle. :hearteyecat:

View attachment 156445
When I look at this one, it reminds me of the film Puss In Boots (Antonio Banderas). We watched it the other day, and it’s the bit where he’s in jail and he‘s making the jailer do what he wants with those big eyes and droopy ears. So funny.

This has to be my favourite thread on this forum; I just love to see all these pics of everyone's beautiful critters!!

It's been awhile since I've posted any new photos of our dear Sheba, so here's a few quick shots from over the past week or so. These were all captured using my trusty Xiaomi Mi 9, and taken straight from the phone with no editing done, except to resize them for posting on here.

The last one shows Sheba trying to coax me back onto my piano bench to play her another song. She always sits right beside me and listens to me play every single note of pretty much anything ever written by Billy Joel or Elton John... oh yeah, and she also loves a little Mozart or Chopin thrown in for good measure! (nope, not kidding!!)

This has to be my favourite thread on this forum; I just love to see all these pics of everyone's beautiful critters!!

It's been awhile since I've posted any new photos of our dear Sheba, so here's a few quick shots from over the past week or so. These were all captured using my trusty Xiaomi Mi 9, and taken straight from the phone with no editing done, except to resize them for posting on here.

The last one shows Sheba trying to coax me back onto my piano bench to play her another song. She always sits right beside me and listens to me play every single note of pretty much anything ever written by Billy Joel or Elton John... oh yeah, and she also loves a little Mozart or Chopin thrown in for good measure! (nope, not kidding!!)

She is sooooooo beautiful. :inlove:

This is my favorite thread too... :hearteyecat: And how beautiful is Sheba? What an expressive face. I love that she loves listening to the piano (my dad was a musician and played piano.)

This is our new little girl who we're supposed to be bringing home this week, but thanks to the COVID-19 isolation rules, we are unable to take our ferry from our island to the mainland. (the provincial ferries are now just for commercial traffic, for medical emergencies, and for necessary work travel only) Abby is our 8-week-old purebred Golden Retriever, and we are beginning to worry that we may not be able to bring her home. In this pic she is just 4 weeks old... we should be getting new photos of Abby sent to us later today.

This is our new little girl who we're supposed to be bringing home this week, but thanks to the COVID-19 isolation rules, we are unable to take our ferry from our island to the mainland. (the provincial ferries are now just for commercial traffic, for medical emergencies, and for necessary work travel only) Abby is our 8-week-old purebred Golden Retriever, and we are beginning to worry that we may not be able to bring her home. In this pic she is just 4 weeks old... we should be getting new photos of Abby sent to us later today.

Oh my goodness, could she be more adorable? I don’t think so. :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom