Our Pets: Furred, Feathered or Scaled

This is our new little girl who we're supposed to be bringing home this week, but thanks to the COVID-19 isolation rules, we are unable to take our ferry from our island to the mainland. (the provincial ferries are now just for commercial traffic, for medical emergencies, and for necessary work travel only) Abby is our 8-week-old purebred Golden Retriever, and we are beginning to worry that we may not be able to bring her home. In this pic she is just 4 weeks old... we should be getting new photos of Abby sent to us later today.

What a sweetie.... :hearteyecat: Hoping you can bring her home.

B5B56872-11C9-4C61-B11E-7C7ABD37ADEA.jpeg

Bentley deciding whether to get out of bed or not.

29B78D04-9221-4B48-9A34-3A071DABED7B.jpeg

Friends had to say goodbye to their longtime doggie companion. A couple of weeks later this little fellow turned up in their lives needing a home. This is Sebastian the Black. A black Labrador pup, only six weeks old :disrelieved: too young to be away from his mama, but he’s going to have a joyous life with my friends on their farm!:inlove:

View attachment 156644

Friends had to say goodbye to their longtime doggie companion. A couple of weeks later this little fellow turned up in their lives needing a home. This is Sebastian the Black. A black Labrador pup, only six weeks old :disrelieved: too young to be away from his mama, but he’s going to have a joyous life with my friends on their farm!:inlove:
Awwwww.

View attachment 156644

ADORABLE!! So happy for Sebastian and your friends. :inlove: And look at those big feet!

Aww, look how they’re stretched out together. :hearteyes: How are you Rodolfo? How are things there?
Hi Jilly. Thank you very much for your interest in my situation during this pandemic. I do not know very well what to tell you, but that I am powerless and very angry at the lack of humanity and cruelty of the ruling family, which still refuses to recognize the enormous seriousness of COVID-19 and tries to hide information at all costs about the terrible dimension of infections and deaths that already exist throughout the country. The greatest affectation is in the medical and paramedical personnel to whom the government does not provide the necessary protection, as part of the irrational denial in the face of the pandemic.

I will see if I can send you personally (chat), a report from an entity of recognized prestige, dated this past May.

A serious difficulty that we are facing as a family is about the education at distance of my grandson Ian Etienne, because having very, very little experience in this, the Calasanz school - of Piarist (escolapios) religious - even and the efforts made by its directors and teachers, the relationship and the proper understanding of the students are very difficult, whose parents and relatives try unsuccessfully to support them.

I am trying to see if it is possible to manage exchanges with some educational community in Spain, but even if I achieve this, I believe that we will not be able, school and families, to solve the economic needs that the design and implementation of an adequate virtual classroom and education at distance platform and management would demand.

Jilly again my sincere thanks.

I apologize for the length of this note.

Last edited:
Hi Jilly. Thank you very much for your interest in my situation during this pandemic. I do not know very well what to tell you, but that I am powerless and very angry at the lack of humanity and cruelty of the ruling family, which still refuses to recognize the enormous seriousness of COVID-19 and tries to hide information at all costs about the terrible dimension of infections and deaths that already exist throughout the country. The greatest affectation is in the medical and paramedical personnel to whom the government does not provide the necessary protection, as part of the irrational denial in the face of the pandemic.

I will see if I can send you personally (chat), a report from an entity of recognized prestige, dated this past May.

A serious difficulty that we are facing as a family is about the education at distance of my grandson Ian Etienne, because having very, very little experience in this, the Calasanz school - of Piarist (escolapios) religious - even and the efforts made by its directors and teachers, the relationship and the proper understanding of the students are very difficult, whose parents and relatives try unsuccessfully to support them.

I am trying to see if it is possible to manage exchanges with some educational community in Spain, but even if I achieve this, I believe that we will not be able, school and families, to solve the economic needs that the design and implementation of an adequate virtual classroom and education at distance platform and management would demand.

Jilly again my sincere thanks.

I apologize for the length of this note.
Oh don’t apologise Rodolfo, we want to know these things. Here we are also concerned about the deaths of medical personnel and essential workers, as well as huge numbers of deaths in the community.

And, as important as education is, if Ian Etienne is as intelligent as his grandfather (and I have no doubt that he is), he will easily recover from these few months of not being at school, so try not to worry. Parents in the UK are worrying about the same thing.

Oh don’t apologise Rodolfo, we want to know these things. Here we are also concerned about the deaths of medical personnel and essential workers, as well as huge numbers of deaths in the community.

And, as important as education is, if Ian Etienne is as intelligent as his grandfather (and I have no doubt that he is), he will easily recover from these few months of not being at school, so try not to worry. Parents in the UK are worrying about the same thing.
Muchas gracias Jilly.
Un cordial abrazo.

Back
Top Bottom