• MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • Ynot consider a regular monthly Donation? It's now doable under the Donate tab! (A Donation of just £1/$1 per month will help cover our costs & assist with updates & improvements) HUGE THANKS to all our generous MobiSupporters!
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

KickStarter PakPod - Adventure Tripod

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Pakpod: The Packable, Waterproof, Adventure Tripod

PakPod.JPG

Hi all, as first referenced > HERE < The PakPod is an ex-Kickstarter/IndieGoGo campaign that is now up and running and taking orders... :D

Not only that, but they are, for a limited time apparently, offering a 33% Discount on their sales as detailed...

> DISCOUNTED PakPod HERE <

For my money (and I paid the full $99 price tag some weeks ago!) this is a must have, no-brainer, BARGAIN... :eek:

Some of you may be a little wary of Kickstarter/IndieGoGo campaigns, but this is a safe bet as it is now in production and already delivering from orders, as I can readily attest... :thumbs:

I do intend doing a more detailed review, but pretty much everything you need to know is contained in the information and video in the PakPod link above... ;)

If you have any questions, or want to know more please do fire away and I'll do my best to answer, including detailed points of the kit or more iMages if you require them... :rog:

Campaign Description...

The ultimate adventure tripod for mirrorless, GoPro, smartphone and VR 360 cameras. Compact, lightweight, waterproof, and quick to deploy, Pakpod tripods are more versatile than any tripod on earth. Weighing less than a pound, Pakpod is easily stashed in your backpack, and setting it up is a breeze. The patented locking system secures all three legs in wildly asymmetrical positions with the twist of a single knob. It’s the first tripod that lets you stake securely into turf, sand and snow.

Maine-transplant Steve Underwood is the inventor of Pakpod and founder of Deep Blue Design. He’s an avid outdoorsman, free diver, award winning documentary filmmaker, and mechanical engineer who has filmed in more than 100 of his home state’s lakes, ponds, rivers and streams. During these explorations, Steve found that one vital tool was missing from his gear bag: a waterproof, ultralight tripod that could be quickly deployed and anchored in place with pivoting stakes. He couldn’t find it - so he designed it. The result is a compact, super-versatile, attachable tripod that’s as useful above the surface as it is below.

His crowdfunding campaign raised $123,900 - over four times its targeted goal - and the project was backed by more than 1,000 camera enthusiasts from 30 countries around the world.

OUTSIDE MAGAZINE included Pakpod in its “2016 Gear of the Year List” and MEN'S JOURNAL called it “A tripod for true adventures." Pakpod is fast becoming known for its disruptive technology in camera accessories markets around the world.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've been watching this one, too. Looks very handy. I especially like being able to use it in water. There aren't many tripods you can safely put in the water.

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
It could be because this is a special introductory price with free shipping. Shipping to Canada from the US usually costs extra due to customs documents required, etc. Once the shipping is no longer free I'm sure they will be happy to ship to Canada, eh?

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
It could be because this is a special introductory price with free shipping. Shipping to Canada from the US usually costs extra due to customs documents required, etc. Once the shipping is no longer free I'm sure they will be happy to ship to Canada, eh?
I am not sure I understand that logic Brian, I received mine okay and I am in the UK?... :whistle:

Had to pay for the P&P of course... :rog:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I am not sure I understand that logic Brian, I received mine okay and I am in the UK?... :whistle:

Had to pay for the P&P of course... :rog:
I would expect to pay the extra but that option was not offered. As soon as I entered "Canada" in my address a red message popped up saying no shipping to Canada.

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I would expect to pay the extra but that option was not offered. As soon as I entered "Canada" in my address a red message popped up saying no shipping to Canada.
Have you tried to contact them and find out what is going on?... :barf:

Perhaps the incumbent at the White House has now forced a stop on all trade with Canada... :sneaky:

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
LOL... And not an unlikely or far-fetched scenario, unfortunately. :barf:
I wasn't sure where to put this but it follows here well enough, but it applies to travellers, for instance to England for the meet. Check out the new laws concerning cell phones at border crossings. Definitely a chilling effect.

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Fancy a PakPod for free? See below... ;)

The Team is, apparently, giving one away each week of December via their three social media channels... :thumbs:

Worth a shot for a truly fantastic and versatile piece of kit... :D

872464BB-8FE3-4F56-9D29-71E1954418C8.jpeg

STAKE OUT YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE!

Now’s your chance to get outdoors with the world’s most versatile tripod.

We’ll be giving away one Pakpod Adventure Tripod each week during the month of December!

Enter to win on your favorite social media platform today!

Pakpod is the sleek, compact, super-attachable, waterproof tripod with Ninja feet.

46335316-F4B6-46BC-B8BC-4104BA882DCC.jpeg

“Love this tripod! I can't believe how versatile it is. It's incredibly user-friendly, and we're having so much fun with it. We got in on Kickstarter and we're so glad we did!”

- Amazon customer review

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Fancy a PakPod for free? See below... ;)

The Team is, apparently, giving one away each week of December via their three social media channels... :thumbs:

Worth a shot for a truly fantastic and versatile piece of kit... :D

View attachment 102716

STAKE OUT YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE!

Now’s your chance to get outdoors with the world’s most versatile tripod.

We’ll be giving away one Pakpod Adventure Tripod each week during the month of December!

Enter to win on your favorite social media platform today!

Pakpod is the sleek, compact, super-attachable, waterproof tripod with Ninja feet.

View attachment 102717

“Love this tripod! I can't believe how versatile it is. It's incredibly user-friendly, and we're having so much fun with it. We got in on Kickstarter and we're so glad we did!”

- Amazon customer review
Rog, you seem to have so many tripods.

Questions:
Do you actually use them?
How do you decide when you go out of the door which one to take!
Do you have a favourite that is always with you?

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Rog, you seem to have so many tripods.

Questions:
Do you actually use them?
How do you decide when you go out of the door which one to take!
Do you have a favourite that is always with you?
Actually, I do not have that many, really... :whistle:

To be honest, I do really purchase them to give them a quick once over and a brief review for MobiMembers here... ;)

Some turn out to be pretty darn good, like this PakPod, I think it is probably the best and most versatile one I have, especially when teamed with other items like a ball socket, or the Glif, or both... :rog:

I do use them, although not all the time by any stretch!

If I have a specific subject/target in mind it is relatively easy to narrow down what is likely to be best, but if I have no real purpose, I will shove them all in my manbag (except the PakPod!) and probably end up using none of them... :lmao:

My favourite, by far, is the PakPod, but the one that I always take out, mainly because it is compact and great for hand holding, is the Glif plus my awesome little Green starfish... :D

4433C194-3A67-41E1-A3EC-CA7C68DD92BB.jpeg