Pano Sabotage

I've had 3 things to practice today.
First is taking panoramas out of the car window at speed.
You get a lot of rubbish doing this but as I was a passenger for a 2 hour drive I had time to kill.
Parallax, where the fore, mid and background move through your field of view at different speeds, often works in your favour.
20190827_110030-01.jpeg

So the tree in this one is mostly normal with the fore and background glitching.
Other interesting effects are fractures and discontinuities that produce new compositions entirely.
20190827_104433-01.jpeg
20190827_104816-01.jpeg

Second have been straight panos avoiding adding glitches in areas where people are milling about.
20190827_140524-01.jpeg

Aiming for a nice panorama in its own right gives you a good stage for the glitching.
Complex behaviours seems to add interest. The guy in the pic above walked over to the seated people and lent on the arm of the seat to lean in and talk to them. I think the trace is more interesting than people walking in a line.
20190827_144013-01.jpeg
20190827_144736-01.jpeg

Something that seems to work nicely is tracking people as they move. You can speed up and slow down your panning while keeping glitches out of your panorama. With a bit of practice, panning at slightly slower than someone walking by you puts them into slow motion through your pano. Nice Pano, glitchy person.

Last edited:
I've had 3 things to practice today.
First is taking panoramas out of the car window at speed.
You get a lot of rubbish doing this but as I was a passenger for a 2 hour drive I had time to kill.
Parallax, where the fore, mid and background move through your field of view at different speeds, often works in your favour.
View attachment 148827
So the tree in this one is mostly normal with the fore and background glitching.
Other interesting effects are fractures and discontinuities that produce new compositions entirely.
View attachment 148825View attachment 148826
The second one of the stone buildings is really intriguing.

Second have been straight panos avoiding adding glitches in areas where people are milling about.
View attachment 148828

Aiming for a nice panorama in its own right gives you a good stage for the glitching.
Complex behaviours seems to add interest. The guy in the pic above walked over to the seated people and lent on the arm of the seat to lean in and talk to them. I think the trace is more interesting than people walking in a line.
View attachment 148829View attachment 148830

Something that seems to work nicely is tracking people as they move. You can speed up and slow down your panning while keeping glitches out of your panorama. With a bit of practice, panning at slightly slower than someone walking by you puts them into slow motion through your pano. Nice Pano, glitchy person.
The people (esp that guy in the first one) look like they’re melting into the pavement a la the Wicked Witch of the West. Wacky.

View attachment 148828

View attachment 148829View attachment 148830

And thirdly I've gone where angels fear.... Naturally.
View attachment 148831View attachment 148832
View attachment 148833
This needs some work but I think there's real potential here. One thing to avaoid is moving to far away or close and having the subject go out of focus.
You are owning this technique!!!

I love the first and second one of these especially with the friendly gesture! :lol:
Me too. Despite the fact I rarely take pics of my kids because they'd prefer I didn't and I'm happy to respect thier wishes, they still do all they can to sabotage even normal, everyday family snaps. But they've been interested in and joined in with the pano stuff I've been doing. They've still been sabotaging them but in a fun a playful way that's been quite refreshing. #sabotagingpanosabotage
20190827_140146.jpg

Back
Top Bottom