MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
A fun thread to put your weird panoramas in. Here’s some help:

On the road over the bank holiday to stay with a friend. Traffic slow, bored.

E61C49E8-04F6-4EEF-BED0-EDAA4536F44B.jpeg

Native camera pano, Retouch, Snapseed, Hipstamatic

A fun thread to put your weird panoramas in. Here’s some help:
Nice work.

I’m having difficulty getting a decent pano glitch, but did try this:
Seems Rosie is way faster than me. I had to spin completely around to get two of her. I cut the middle part out in Enlight’s “refit”. It’s about all I use Enlight for anymore.
B207E846-0FB7-4B32-877D-15E47034FD2F.jpeg

EF75E7F6-5F25-49B6-8F40-8504CD92C278.jpeg

I had a bit of trouble with a) getting any definite change of direction in the image because the iPhone wants to correct it all the time and, b) loading it to Mobitog. Apparently, the image was too big. I had to take it into iColorama and reduce the size. Anyway, here’s my first attempt.

View attachment 148747
I had a bit of trouble with a) getting any definite change of direction in the image because the iPhone wants to correct it all the time and, b) loading it to Mobitog. Apparently, the image was too big. I had to take it into iColorama and reduce the size. Anyway, here’s my first attempt.
I found that the iPhone wanted to correct my movement also. I wound up with decent pianos except for unsightly blac gaps. U

I had a bit of trouble with a) getting any definite change of direction in the image because the iPhone wants to correct it all the time
I found that the iPhone wanted to correct my movement also
After some experimentation I think a big problem is pano apps are actually quite good at doing what they are supposed to.
I get corrected by my Samsung but have found I can get away with a bit of rotation.

The other thing I've noticed is that there is a little, live thumbnail preview of what's being recorded as it happens and that can look really interesting as it forms but doesn't bear too much resemblance to the final picture. I'm assuming the algorithm that reconstructs the final picture from the flawed human input does a very good job. I wonder if it's worth trying out different pano apps to see if I can find some that do a worse job at correcting and finishing off.

The other thing I've struggled with is concave movement around the object. Usually in a pano you rotate about an axis behind the lens in a convex fashion. Moving along a straight path also works.
Rotating along an axis in front of the lens and the pano app doesn't play nicely...
20190825_204223-01.jpeg

Top and middle.... Yes.
Bottom... computer mostly says no.
Trainee Cheshire cat.
20190825_161751.jpg

View attachment 148747
Cooooool... :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom