Paraphrasing Andy Warhol's Screen Print Style

marmalademoon

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Kate England
One of my projects, that keeps getting put to the side, is to paraphrase Andy Warhol's screen print style and put my own twist to it. So far I haven't found a way to do it. I feel I got one step closer when I discovered PopKick, a lovely pop art app! It works best with highly contrasted images.

I ran this self portrait through PopKick, and I've been experimenting by adding a layer of halftone with PopDot HD and painting on parts with Procreate and ArtRage. I still haven't been able to nail it... Below the versions only using PopKick.
popkick-experiment.jpg

One of my projects, that keeps getting put to the side, is to paraphrase Andy Warhol's screen print style and put my own twist to it. So far I haven't found a way to do it. I feel I got one step closer when I discovered PopKick, a lovely pop art app! It works best with highly contrasted images.

I ran this self portrait through PopKick, and I've been experimenting by adding a layer of halftone with PopDot HD and painting on parts with Procreate and ArtRage. I still haven't been able to nail it... Below the versions only using PopKick.
View attachment 43763
Great idea for a project! Looking forward to seeing what you do... :thumbs:

@marmalademoon - This is a great start Kate and a brilliant idea for a mini project... :notworthy:

It is going to be interesting watching this unfold... :rog:

And seeing the final paraphrased masterpiece... :D

View attachment 43763

Awesome Kate! The colours are way cool. :)

Have you ever looked at Popsicolor?

Back
Top Bottom