• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Photoshop Fix

Reaction score
Real Name
Philippe Schlossberg
it's out. Downloaded it half an hour ago. Runs better than rip photoshop touch but well, no image layer support (just a flatten option for applied effects), no history (just undo and redo) ... some interesting settings but globally outperformed by other apps. Business as usual for Photoshop on iOS ... oh yeah you get prompted off and on to upload to Photoshop desktop, just in case there's something you can't achieve on mobile.

I'll still give it a couple of tries and probably delete it. The app is free with an Adobe Creative Cloud account required. Basic 2GB plan is free and that's enough to store projects.

Oh and yes, there's still Photoshop Mix if you want to play with layered images. But no way to use Creative Cloud to edit a project saved from the other app. Projects don't sync between the two. No way to use "open in" either. They seem to insist that if you want to do more, Photoshop desktop is gently advised.

Reaction score
Real Name
Philippe Schlossberg
adding now ... it's probably more interesting than I initially thought. I guess I discarded it too quickly.

Last edited:

davideroccato

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Davide Roccato
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Are you still using it after few months? I've downloaded it just to understand if it has something that stand out from the others or not, maybe the retouching tool.

Mikeraboy

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael Raboy
Are you still using it after few months? I've downloaded it just to understand if it has something that stand out from the others or not, maybe the retouching tool.
The Photoshop apps Mix and Fix work really well and retouching stands out. They don't save as tiffs.

davideroccato

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Davide Roccato
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Thanks Mike. I didn't remember about Photoshop Mix but I see you need to have an CC account to use it. Am I wrong?

Mikeraboy

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael Raboy
I think you are right, i have the account. It allowsme to have photoshop and lightroom on my computer. 9.99 per month. I dont have to pay for upgrades and I use apps on my ipad

Reaction score
Real Name
Philippe Schlossberg
Thanks Mike. I didn't remember about Photoshop Mix but I see you need to have an CC account to use it. Am I wrong?

you need a Creative Cloud account for both (Mix and Fix), a free one (2GB) is fine. Remains Lightroom for iOS that's useless if you don't have a paid subscription. The app is free but it's meant to sync with Lightroom desktop. Anything saved from it on iOS will be in (very) low res.

I didn't find any killer feature on any of these apps anyway so I don't use them.

Mikeraboy

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael Raboy
you need a Creative Cloud account for both (Mix and Fix), a free one (2GB) is fine. Remains Lightroom for iOS that's useless if you don't have a paid subscription. The app is free but it's meant to sync with Lightroom desktop. Anything saved from it on iOS will be in (very) low res.

I didn't find any killer feature on any of these apps anyway so I don't use them.

I thought this was changed, Philippe is right. I went back to these apps because of the retouching. What ios app retouches or selects areas that can be removed or altered, as well as Mix. Content aware tool from Photoshop. But really low res and no tiff.

davideroccato

MobiAddict
Reaction score
Real Name
Davide Roccato
Device
iPhone Xs Max
I've downloaded Photoshop Fix few days ago and started doing something just to have a look again, but I could use it without being registered to the free CC. I haven't checked the resolution though after I've saved. My doubt came in when I looked at the iTunes description of Photoshop Mix mentioned by Mike, and I saw the CC thing.

Honestly, Adobe is a mystery to me in this iOS app business, they are incapable to understand the market at all. Photoshop Touch was a big fail to me and now they try to reinvent themselves again but, there's a big question mark...

But I can't avoid to consider it because I don't know how the perception of the general public is. The fact that it's "Photoshop" might lead to the general users to go for it, maybe...

Reaction score
Real Name
Philippe Schlossberg
hmm no ... Adobe's experiments on iOS are a general failure ... they just don't get what's going on on iOS ... and mainly, they're slow to realize that their mobile apps, even the most recent ones, have been outperformed by small developers for ages.

They're basically thinking their mobile apps in terms of bringing back users to the desktop, or allowing desktop users to keep editing with crippled apps when they're on the go, before syncing to the desktop when they're back home.

that's terribly narrow minded and that will never work.

Last edited:

Mikeraboy

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael Raboy
I agree with Philippe. They want people to use Photoshop and Lightroom, when pics can be edited with ios apps . Their apps are pretty good, but they are holding back, so they can continue to control the market . I hardly ever use photoshop or lightroom anymore. I thought the resolution would not be diminished, but I am wrong and I will contnue trying to use apps that save in full res and tiff. I have been playing with Handy Photo and Filterstorm Neue

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Remains Lightroom for iOS that's useless if you don't have a paid subscription. The app is free but it's meant to sync with Lightroom desktop. Anything saved from it on iOS will be in (very) low res.
It looks like Lightroom for iPad/iPhone just got an update today that includes full res output -- Version 2.2.0.

Reaction score
Real Name
Philippe Schlossberg
terse great find ! I just re-downloaded and yes, output is full res now, a lot of compression but full res. That's the best you can expect on iOS so I'm fine with that.

Mikeraboy

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Michael Raboy
I edited a photo in Ps Mix and opened it in full res lightroom and it saved full res. I am still not sure if Fix And Mix are independently full res, i don't think so. Tiff still not there ,but if high res ,they are good apps