• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Please critique photo in technical level

manta1900

Proseezionista...
Developer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
iPhone 5
This photo was taken with an iPhone 5c. Please critique the quality of the image and what you would like different (more detail, more dynamic-range, less noise... e.t.c). Please see it in 100% zoom.

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
This photo was taken with an iPhone 5c. Please critique the quality of the image and what you would like different (more detail, more dynamic-range, less noise... e.t.c). Please see it in 100% zoom.
Hiya John, always best to post the iMage into your post to ensure you receive the best response from your fellow members... :thumbs:

I have sorted this for you already, as we prefer not to have links to other sites, which drive members from enjoying MobiTog... :D

manta1900

Proseezionista...
Developer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
iPhone 5
Hiya John, always best to post the iMage into your post to ensure you receive the best response from your fellow members... :thumbs:

I have sorted this for you already, as we prefer not to have links to other sites, which drive members from enjoying MobiTog... :D
Thank you Venomator, and sorry for my ignorance :oops:

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs

Hi, John. Are we talking about what we would like to see in an image coming straight out of your Proseezion app? If so, I'd be satisfied with this as it gives me plenty to work with. Maybe a bit more detail in the highlights and a bit more contrast.

It's difficult to get specific in some cases because the appearance of the image varies depending on where I'm viewing it. For example, the highlights on the green grapes below the purple grapes appear more blown out on my desktop monitor than they do on my iPad Pro 9.7 screen.

I downloaded the image to the iPad to play with it in Snapseed and found that when I tweaked it as I would if I were going to post it, I went to

Tune Image
ambiance +45
highlights -55
shadows -36

Tonal Contrast
high +30
mid+50
low+30

Detail
structure +15

I might have gone further but that's the general direction.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hi, John. Are we talking about what we would like to see in an image coming straight out of your Proseezion app? If so, I'd be satisfied with this as it gives me plenty to work with. Maybe a bit more detail in the highlights and a bit more contrast.

It's difficult to get specific in some cases because the appearance of the image varies depending on where I'm viewing it. For example, the highlights on the green grapes below the purple grapes appear more blown out on my desktop monitor than they do on my iPad Pro 9.7 screen.

I downloaded the image to the iPad to play with it in Snapseed and found that when I tweaked it as I would if I were going to post it, I went to

Tune Image
ambiance +45
highlights -55
shadows -36

Tonal Contrast
high +30
mid+50
low+30

Detail
structure +15

I might have gone further but that's the general direction.
Wow. I was going to say "a bit more shadows and contrast, maybe a slight vignette" and you took it to another level. :notworthy: :lol: