MobiColour POLL: MobiColor, theme or no theme?

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
There's been some discussion on whether MobiColor should keep its weekly theme, go themeless, or perhaps have a theme one week every month, with the other 3 weeks being themeless.

I'd love to know what everyone thinks... would you be more likely to join if there wasn't a theme? Or is the theme a main reason you participate?

Thanks! :D

There's no option for "leave it as is" i.e. 'Theme or no theme decided by winner' (#2 implies a theme chosen every week).

If we're going to poll, I think we should be as pedantic as possible, have the options examined for semantic parity by linguistic experts, set up debates between spokespersons for the various options, make voting compulsory for the entire membership (but run security checks and exclude anyone who posts bad selfies, or frequently violates the rule of thirds, or who we (the sub-committee overseeing democratic process) just don't like the look of. And after the poll is closed, I'm personally going to take responsibility for demanding a recount :mobibabe:

If we're going to poll, I think we should be as pedantic as possible, have the options examined for semantic parity by linguistic experts, set up debates between spokespersons for the various options, make voting compulsory for the entire membership (but run security checks and exclude anyone who posts bad selfies, or frequently violates the rule of thirds, or who we (the sub-committee overseeing democratic process) just don't like the look of. And after the poll is closed, I'm personally going to take responsibility for demanding a recount :mobibabe:
ROTFLMAO

"Weekly theme chosen by previous challenge winner" = Same as it is now
In the interests of the pedantry outlined above, I have to point out that 'weekly theme chosen' does not cover the possibility of the chosen theme being 'no theme'. And I have my placards and megaphones (and my stacked Union card-holding quorum) standing by to trade insults about fx'l semantic theory.

In the interests of the pedantry outlined above, I have to point out that 'weekly theme chosen' does not cover the possibility of the chosen theme being 'no theme'. And I have my placards and megaphones (and my stacked Union card-holding quorum) standing by to trade insults about fx'l semantic theory.

:barf:

PLEASE NOTE: The poll doesn't show in the app, so either tap the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Web View, or view on a web browser. We need your votes! [emoji1][emoji1360]

Okidoki. Voted for for theme chosen by winner and I'll even tell you why: it's more challenging and you have to use your brain. Sure, most of us have a cam roll stuffed with pictures and maybe even more in Dropbox, so you can serve nearly any theme instantly. But I found the theme is the zest here. I personally like to keep my eyes open for things that fit the week's theme. Sure there might be a week I drop off haven't found anything not even a joke, (or still looking for things from the week before because I missed the change ) but still in my eyes it's more fun than just posting nice pictures. – What you can do everywhere, even putting them up in a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom