Poppy flower

john.bosmen

MobiStarter
Real Name
John
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
Due to quarantine life, I'm restricted to my closest neighborhood and my garden. Latest fun is macro photography with a focus stacking:

7D3D1878-65DD-4A30-8EF5-89544A0648CB.jpeg

iPhone 11 Pro Max + generic macro lens, 50 raw images

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to quarantine life, I'm restricted to my closest neighborhood and my garden. Latest fun is macro photography with a focus stacking:

View attachment 157656

Great work! I've been messing with focus stacking and macros, too, but with less success than this. I keep overestimating the focus range of the macro lens (Moment brand, in my case). Do you print any of these?

Great work! I've been messing with focus stacking and macros, too, but with less success than this. I keep overestimating the focus range of the macro lens (Moment brand, in my case). Do you print any of these?

Thank you :) No, I usually don't print any of my photos, just keep them electronically.

Oh, yes, and welcome to MobiTog!

Thank you!

View attachment 157656

Wow John, you’ve introduced yourself to Mobitog with a bang - this is fantastic! What app did you use to combine the stack? Affinity?

Oh, I see. How do I remove the thread then?
Well, is it possible that you could replace that fabulous image with one edited on a mobile device? iPad, or iPhone? I can help with removing the initial image, but you’ll need to put another one in. It would be such a shame if this stopped you posting on Mobitog. You clearly have a great photographers eye. Send me a DM if you want to discuss it further.

Oh, I see. How do I remove the thread then?
Its a shame John, I was a heartbeat away from nominating this for our new Image of the Month thread, until you mentioned it was edited on a PC. Rules is Rules I'm afraid, I think Mobitog is the only pure Mobile only forum I've come across, which works for me. I hope it can work for you too.

sinnerjohn John, it's not a shame (also it's hybrid - 50/50 :) ), it's not knowing it. Don't be so hard. But in general you're right - that's our rules.
john.bosmen Yes, we do everything with mobile devices (phones, tablets etc.). So don't feel offended, it's just because those are the rules we have here.

Checkout some threads and you will see what folks do with phones and tablets - it's amazing! :)

Well, is it possible that you could replace that fabulous image with one edited on a mobile device? iPad, or iPhone? I can help with removing the initial image, but you’ll need to put another one in. It would be such a shame if this stopped you posting on Mobitog. You clearly have a great photographers eye. Send me a DM if you want to discuss it further.

I've sent you a DM with the recreated in Affinity Photo (iPad) image. If you can help me to replace the original image with the new one, please :)

Its a shame John, I was a heartbeat away from nominating this for our new Image of the Month thread, until you mentioned it was edited on a PC. Rules is Rules I'm afraid, I think Mobitog is the only pure Mobile only forum I've come across, which works for me. I hope it can work for you too.

Somehow I didn't think about editing to be also done on mobile devices. I guess it's a matter of habit :) I've recreated the image in Affinity Photo on my iPad ;)

sinnerjohn John, it's not a shame (also it's hybrid - 50/50 :) ), it's not knowing it. Don't be so hard. But in general you're right - that's our rules.
john.bosmen Yes, we do everything with mobile devices (phones, tablets etc.). So don't feel offended, it's just because those are the rules we have here.

Checkout some threads and you will see what folks do with phones and tablets - it's amazing! :)

No offense is taken, it was my mistake of not carefully reading all rules. It's a good thing I have all my original stacks (0.5 GB each) on external hard drive and can re-create the final image any time using different software

I've sent you a DM with the recreated in Affinity Photo (iPad) image. If you can help me to replace the original image with the new one, please :)
I tried, but it’s not coming in at the right size. If you could email it to me, I’ll put it in that way.

Somehow I didn't think about editing to be also done on mobile devices. I guess it's a matter of habit :) I've recreated the image in Affinity Photo on my iPad ;)
I was about to ask how Affinity Photo for iPad would match up with Helicon Focus, but I see we've got a demonstration now :D

On a tangent: I've used CameraPixels for both focus stacks and exposure stacks, and I've noticed that the recent update added the ability to shoot an exposure stack and a focus stack at the same time. I'm curious to give that a try, but I'm at a loss for how to merge the results in Affinity Photo. Focus merge? HDR merge? Plain old stack? Do it somewhere else? Any clues?

Back
Top Bottom