• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

Populuxe's Swinging Space-Age Bachelor Pad & Mobile Photography Roundup

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Went for a drive around Mount Rainier yesterday. Came back with a couple photos.

Mount Rainier National Park, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Kitsune 67 film, Waikiki 77 lens)

Mount Rainier, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Scott S lens, Blackeyes IR film)
Love the drama of the second shot.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Went for a drive around Mount Rainier yesterday. Came back with a couple photos.

Mount Rainier National Park, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Kitsune 67 film, Waikiki 77 lens)

Yeah, what John said. What Star said. Love the last one!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

These are great... both so different but equally beautiful.

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
I visited Mount St Helens on Saturday. The last time I saw the mountain this close, it was from the window seat of a 707, the day before it erupted. I drove down the east side of the mountain to a place called Windy Ridge. It gave me a great view of both the mountain and Spirit Lake. For those unfamiliar with the story, there were a number of local residents who refused to leave Spirit Lake when the mountain started showing signs of a major eruption. When the mountain finally erupted, it was a lateral blast. The entire north side of the mountain simply gave way in a massive landslide. That released all the pent up pressure inside the mountain at once. Unfortunately for the people living around Spirit Lake, the force of the explosion was like a cannon pointed right at the lake. The lush dense forests surrounding the lake where flattened and the area scrubbed of life. The lake vaporized from the heat. The bodies of the residents were never found. Forty years later, the lake has refilled and some small brush is starting to grow back, but it still looks apocalyptic.

Mount St Helens (iPad mini 2, Hipstamatic (G2 lens, BlacKeys IR film))

Spirit Lake (iPad mini 2, Hipstamatic (G2 lens, BlacKeys IR film))

Mount Adams (iPad mini 2, Hipstamatic (G2 lens, BlacKeys IR film))

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I visited Mount St Helens on Saturday. The last time I saw the mountain this close, it was from the window seat of a 707, the day before it erupted. I drove down the east side of the mountain to a place called Windy Ridge. It gave me a great view of both the mountain and Spirit Lake. For those unfamiliar with the story, there were a number of local residents who refused to leave Spirit Lake when the mountain started showing signs of a major eruption. When the mountain finally erupted, it was a lateral blast. The entire north side of the mountain simply gave way in a massive landslide. That released all the pent up pressure inside the mountain at once. Unfortunately for the people living around Spirit Lake, the force of the explosion was like a cannon pointed right at the lake. The lush dense forests surrounding the lake where flattened and the area scrubbed of life. The lake vaporized from the heat. The bodies of the residents were never found. Forty years later, the lake has refilled and some small brush is starting to grow back, but it still looks apocalyptic.

It’s an awesome place and you’ve captured it beautifully. It’s so atmospheric up there and the information centre is wonderful.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I love the middle one. It’s incredible that you flew over the day before it erupted. I had family in Spokane at the time and they described a snow storm of ash. I can only imagine.

I tend to click on images so they fill my screen to see them properly. I’m wondering why yours open up in Flickr. Anyone else’s just opens in a sort of pop up.

Populuxe

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPad (Generic)
I love the middle one. It’s incredible that you flew over the day before it erupted. I had family in Spokane at the time and they described a snow storm of ash. I can only imagine.

I tend to click on images so they fill my screen to see them properly. I’m wondering why yours open up in Flickr. Anyone else’s just opens in a sort of pop up.
I honestly didn't know there was another way to post images here other than to link to them on Flickr.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

It’s on my list to visit...

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I honestly didn't know there was another way to post images here other than to link to them on Flickr.
When you post something, or reply to a post, hit the “attach files” and navigate to your images on your phone and select the one you want to post.
I just wonder what happen if someone doesn’t have Flickr wants to check out the image up close.
Hope this helps.
868EC4F2-FED8-4B93-AC40-4C363729C23B.jpeg

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I just wonder what happen if someone doesn’t have Flickr wants to check out the image up close.
Well, first click on the image takes you to Flickr in a new tab or window inyour browser, as you found out. Once there, you can click on the down-pointing arrow, bottom right, to get a pop-up menu of sizes to view.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Well, first click on the image takes you to Flickr in a new tab or window inyour browser, as you found out. Once there, you can click on the down-pointing arrow, bottom right, to get a pop-up menu of sizes to view.
I get a screen size view in Flickr, I just wondered. And I have a Flickr account (that I lost about 5000 images to when it went subscription:angry:) but I do wonder what happens if someone who hasn’t got Flickr clicks on to see the screen size image. Does is still work?

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I get a screen size view in Flickr, I just wondered. And I have a Flickr account (that I lost about 5000 images to when it went subscription:angry:) but I do wonder what happens if someone who hasn’t got Flickr clicks on to see the screen size image. Does is still work?
I didn't know the answer to that, so... I just now tested it in Firefox, which doesn't have any of my logins stored. I get connected to Flicker as an unregistered user, but I can still click on the photo to enlarge and also select the View All Sizes option. As far as viewing goes, it all seems to work.
I lost about 5000 images to when it went subscription
:eek:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I didn't know the answer to that, so... I just now tested it in Firefox, which doesn't have any of my logins stored. I get connected to Flicker as an unregistered user, but I can still click on the photo to enlarge and also select the View All Sizes option. As far as viewing goes, it all seems to work.

:eek:
Thanks for trying it out! I couldn’t think of a way to do it.