Populuxe's Swinging Space-Age Bachelor Pad & Mobile Photography Roundup

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
Welcome to my swinging space-age bachelor pad. Wood paneling, shag carpets and Martin Denny on the hi-fi. Mix yourself a cocktail from the bar, sit back in an Eames lounge chair, and hopefully enjoy a few photos.

First up are some photos I took on a rainy Sunday afternoon near Mount Si in Washington. All are on classic Hipstamatic as I was too far out of range of cell phone reception for Hipstamatic X. I had "shake to randomize" on, which always makes for some fun combinations.

Nakazakicho: Kuma Lens, Hiragana Film

Susie Lens, Delaunay 1941 Film

Hekla Lens, BlacKeys Supergrain Film

Elijah Lens, Pearl Film

Hugo Lens, Arjan BW Film

Vicuña CL Lens, Cano Cafenol Film

Tachman Lens, Cinematheque Film

Jane Lens, Panaji Film

Buzz Mk1 Lens, Dixie Film

Bettie XL Lens, Otto Film

Müller Lens, Uchitel 20 film

Tejas Lens, Wanli UFO film

Emma Lens, Panaji Film

Lumière lens, BlacKeys 1942 film

Welcome to my swinging space-age bachelor pad. Wood paneling, shag carpets and Martin Denny on the hi-fi. Mix yourself a cocktail from the bar, sit back in an Eames lounge chair, and hopefully enjoy a few photos.

First up are some photos I took on a rainy Sunday afternoon near Mount Si in Washington. All are on classic Hipstamatic as I was too far out of range of cell phone reception for Hipstamatic X. I had "shake to randomize" on, which always makes for some fun combinations.

Elijah Lens, Pearl Film

Hugo Lens, Arjan BW Film

Jane Lens, Panaji Film

Emma Lens, Panaji Film

Whenever I randomly shake and bake, I get all of those awful Christmas edits with “Happy Christmas” written all over them, so I am very impressed with all of your images. And, at Mount Si, you’re just around the corner from our RoseCat Catherine. :lol:

Whenever I randomly shake and bake, I get all of those awful Christmas edits with “Happy Christmas” written all over them, so I am very impressed with all of your images. And, at Mount Si, you’re just around the corner from our RoseCat Catherine. :lol:
I used to get that until I realized I could disable specific lenses and films from StR in the app.

Elijah Lens, Pearl Film

Hugo Lens, Arjan BW Film

Jane Lens, Panaji Film

Emma Lens, Panaji Film

Contrary to what you thought I was saying earlier, I do love a retro vibe :thumbs: Love them all.

Oooooo.... digging this vibe, for sure. I love an Eames chair :inlove: so I'll just cozy up in one with my dirty martini in hand. :coffee:

Love all your Hipsta shots!

I went on a big roadtrip yesterday. Seattle to Ellensburg, Yakima, Goldendale, Camas and finally back to Seattle. Eleven hours, 500 miles. Many photos were taken. I'm going to start with the Ellensburg to Yakima stretch. There is an old highway, WA 821 aka Canyon Road, which snakes alongside the Yakima River as it winds though a beautiful deep canyon. It's full of campgrounds, boar launches, horse rentals, vineyards, and the houses of very wealthy people.

Every photo was taken with Hipstamatic X on my iPad mini 2. Several photos are taken from the same location. I was trying out different cameras.

I went on a big roadtrip yesterday. Seattle to Ellensburg, Yakima, Goldendale, Camas and finally back to Seattle. Eleven hours, 500 miles. Many photos were taken. I'm going to start with the Ellensburg to Yakima stretch. There is an old highway, WA 821 aka Canyon Road, which snakes alongside the Yakima River as it winds though a beautiful deep canyon. It's full of campgrounds, boar launches, horse rentals, vineyards, and the houses of very wealthy people.

Every photo was taken with Hipstamatic X on my iPad mini 2. Several photos are taken from the same location. I was trying out different cameras.

Ooooo.... these are fabulous! I went to university in Ellensburg, but never drove this road. Now that I’m back in WA, I need to take this road trip!

You really have control of this! These are fabulous, every one! Wow! I am lost with Hipsta. Do you eventually figure out which sort of image goes best with a combo? And, how do you turn off some specific settings for shake-n-bake. I think I have it set for my favorites only, but I can’t find where to change that.

Can we have some of these in the colour challenge? :D Pick your favourites and post away. I’d also like the true black and white ones in the Black and White Challenge please.:) <- cheesy grin. Edit: I see we’ve got one already.

Do you eventually figure out which sort of image goes best with a combo? And, how do you turn off some specific settings for shake-n-bake. I think I have it set for my favorites only, but I can’t find where to change that.
Despite having used this app for ten years, I still feel like I'm learning all it has to offer. And with currently 134 films x 117 lenses x 18 flashes = 282,204 combinations, I'm never going to completely master this app. But that's okay with me. Letting the camera come up with combinations is great fun and a simple way to discover combinations I might not have considered before.

As for turning off certain lenses or films or flashes in Shake to Randomize, open the app, go to photos > settings > edit [lenses/films/flashes] > yellow cog wheel > allowed in shuffle > switch to off.

And everyone, thank you for the kind words. I'm still very much an amateur, learning the basics of the basics. Just getting better with simple things like composition and choosing an interesting subject is a challenge for me. So I appreciate your encouraging words.

More photos from Sunday's drive. I'll start with some photos taken near the mining and logging town of Easton near the Snoqualmie Summit. You can see there is still snow around. All photos are Hipstamatic X taken on my iPad mini 2.

These were all taken at a non-descript crossroads on US97 in the Yakima valley. Again, I'm just trying different cameras.

Despite having used this app for ten years, I still feel like I'm learning all it has to offer. And with currently 134 films x 117 lenses x 18 flashes = 282,204 combinations, I'm never going to completely master this app. But that's okay with me. Letting the camera come up with combinations is great fun and a simple way to discover combinations I might not have considered before.

As for turning off certain lenses or films or flashes in Shake to Randomize, open the app, go to photos > settings > edit [lenses/films/flashes] > yellow cog wheel > allowed in shuffle > switch to off.

And everyone, thank you for the kind words. I'm still very much an amateur, learning the basics of the basics. Just getting better with simple things like composition and choosing an interesting subject is a challenge for me. So I appreciate your encouraging words.
Thank you!! I always wondered why my shake-n-bakes didn’t have a lot of variation! Most of the lenses and films were turned off. :lmao:

The final photos from my weekend roadtrip through central Washington. These were all taken on US14 on the north side of the Columbia River between Maryhill and Skamania. There are so many photos, I'm splitting it into four parts. 1/4

Fab photos from your trip Kent. When you were on the road, did you go to Grand Coulee?

I have been to Grand Coulee several times, but not on this trip. It was in the wrong direction.

I have been to Grand Coulee several times, but not on this trip. It was in the wrong direction.
Ahh, I see, probably too far north. I’ve happy memories of an amazing stir fry (of all things) in Grand Coulee. That, and the amazingly scenic drive to get there.

Just a couple of photos of my childhood hero, JP Patches, taken on an iPhone with Hipstamatic, Hornbecker lens, Blanco Noir film, no flash, taken in September 2011. It was his final public performance. He was just as funny then as he was in my childhood.

Just a couple of photos of my childhood hero, JP Patches, taken on an iPhone with Hipstamatic, Hornbecker lens, Blanco Noir film, no flash, taken in September 2011. It was his final public performance. He was just as funny then as he was in my childhood.
Cool!! I didn’t realize this show was PNW only. That explains why my east coast peeps never watched it. :D

Went for a drive around Mount Rainier yesterday. Came back with a couple photos.

Mount Rainier National Park, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Kitsune 67 film, Waikiki 77 lens)

Mount Rainier, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Scott S lens, Blackeyes IR film)

Back
Top Bottom