Populuxe's Swinging Space-Age Bachelor Pad & Mobile Photography Roundup

Went for a drive around Mount Rainier yesterday. Came back with a couple photos.

Mount Rainier National Park, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Kitsune 67 film, Waikiki 77 lens)

Mount Rainier, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Scott S lens, Blackeyes IR film)
Yeah, what John said. What Star said. Love the last one!

Went for a drive around Mount Rainier yesterday. Came back with a couple photos.

Mount Rainier National Park, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Kitsune 67 film, Waikiki 77 lens)

Mount Rainier, iPad mini 2, HipstamaticX (Scott S lens, Blackeyes IR film)
These are great... both so different but equally beautiful.

I visited Mount St Helens on Saturday. The last time I saw the mountain this close, it was from the window seat of a 707, the day before it erupted. I drove down the east side of the mountain to a place called Windy Ridge. It gave me a great view of both the mountain and Spirit Lake. For those unfamiliar with the story, there were a number of local residents who refused to leave Spirit Lake when the mountain started showing signs of a major eruption. When the mountain finally erupted, it was a lateral blast. The entire north side of the mountain simply gave way in a massive landslide. That released all the pent up pressure inside the mountain at once. Unfortunately for the people living around Spirit Lake, the force of the explosion was like a cannon pointed right at the lake. The lush dense forests surrounding the lake where flattened and the area scrubbed of life. The lake vaporized from the heat. The bodies of the residents were never found. Forty years later, the lake has refilled and some small brush is starting to grow back, but it still looks apocalyptic.

Mount St Helens (iPad mini 2, Hipstamatic (G2 lens, BlacKeys IR film))

Spirit Lake (iPad mini 2, Hipstamatic (G2 lens, BlacKeys IR film))

Mount Adams (iPad mini 2, Hipstamatic (G2 lens, BlacKeys IR film))

I visited Mount St Helens on Saturday. The last time I saw the mountain this close, it was from the window seat of a 707, the day before it erupted. I drove down the east side of the mountain to a place called Windy Ridge. It gave me a great view of both the mountain and Spirit Lake. For those unfamiliar with the story, there were a number of local residents who refused to leave Spirit Lake when the mountain started showing signs of a major eruption. When the mountain finally erupted, it was a lateral blast. The entire north side of the mountain simply gave way in a massive landslide. That released all the pent up pressure inside the mountain at once. Unfortunately for the people living around Spirit Lake, the force of the explosion was like a cannon pointed right at the lake. The lush dense forests surrounding the lake where flattened and the area scrubbed of life. The lake vaporized from the heat. The bodies of the residents were never found. Forty years later, the lake has refilled and some small brush is starting to grow back, but it still looks apocalyptic.

It’s an awesome place and you’ve captured it beautifully. It’s so atmospheric up there and the information centre is wonderful.

I love the middle one. It’s incredible that you flew over the day before it erupted. I had family in Spokane at the time and they described a snow storm of ash. I can only imagine.

I tend to click on images so they fill my screen to see them properly. I’m wondering why yours open up in Flickr. Anyone else’s just opens in a sort of pop up.

I love the middle one. It’s incredible that you flew over the day before it erupted. I had family in Spokane at the time and they described a snow storm of ash. I can only imagine.

I tend to click on images so they fill my screen to see them properly. I’m wondering why yours open up in Flickr. Anyone else’s just opens in a sort of pop up.
I honestly didn't know there was another way to post images here other than to link to them on Flickr.

It’s on my list to visit...

I honestly didn't know there was another way to post images here other than to link to them on Flickr.
When you post something, or reply to a post, hit the “attach files” and navigate to your images on your phone and select the one you want to post.
I just wonder what happen if someone doesn’t have Flickr wants to check out the image up close.
Hope this helps.
868EC4F2-FED8-4B93-AC40-4C363729C23B.jpeg

I just wonder what happen if someone doesn’t have Flickr wants to check out the image up close.
Well, first click on the image takes you to Flickr in a new tab or window inyour browser, as you found out. Once there, you can click on the down-pointing arrow, bottom right, to get a pop-up menu of sizes to view.

Well, first click on the image takes you to Flickr in a new tab or window inyour browser, as you found out. Once there, you can click on the down-pointing arrow, bottom right, to get a pop-up menu of sizes to view.
I get a screen size view in Flickr, I just wondered. And I have a Flickr account (that I lost about 5000 images to when it went subscription:angry:) but I do wonder what happens if someone who hasn’t got Flickr clicks on to see the screen size image. Does is still work?

I get a screen size view in Flickr, I just wondered. And I have a Flickr account (that I lost about 5000 images to when it went subscription:angry:) but I do wonder what happens if someone who hasn’t got Flickr clicks on to see the screen size image. Does is still work?
I didn't know the answer to that, so... I just now tested it in Firefox, which doesn't have any of my logins stored. I get connected to Flicker as an unregistered user, but I can still click on the photo to enlarge and also select the View All Sizes option. As far as viewing goes, it all seems to work.
I lost about 5000 images to when it went subscription
:eek:

I didn't know the answer to that, so... I just now tested it in Firefox, which doesn't have any of my logins stored. I get connected to Flicker as an unregistered user, but I can still click on the photo to enlarge and also select the View All Sizes option. As far as viewing goes, it all seems to work.

:eek:
Thanks for trying it out! I couldn’t think of a way to do it.

I decided to do a quick little experiment with the Edgewood and Little Five Points Hipstapaks. Since both have a Poncey "edge burn" film, I wanted to mix and match and see what I'd get. Friday I took these photos of the Seattle skyline from Hamilton Viewpoint Park, a small park in West Seattle.

First is Edgewood: Mary Lou 22 lens, Poncey BW film

Next I swapped in the Brady lens from the L5P pack with the Poncey BW Film.

Next up is the Mary Lou 22 lens and the Poncey 96 color film from the L5P pak.

Finally we have the L5P pak: Brady lens and Poncey 96 film

I like these cross-combo sets. I think I'll experiment with them a little more.

Last edited:
Such a difference in the detail of the city skyline ! Which do you like best?
That's a good question. I like the pink tones in the BW Edgewood pak, and I like the intense blue of the L5P pak especially in the water of Elliott Bay. I find it interesting how mixing the elements turns down the contrast. Mary Lou 22 film and Poncey 96 film turns the intensity of the blue way down. In fact the water looks almost green. And Brady lens with Poncey BW adds a hint of a blue layer in the skyline. I don't know that I have a favorite yet. I think I will be able to find a lot of uses for all four. Especially since I can turn off the edge burn if I like.

Wow - where to start? Suffice to say I love these photos, this is what Hipsta Classic is about. Theres a vintage vibe to the idea of happily snapping away like a tourist with a cheap camera, but ir catalogues a road trip beautifully. I always ride shotgun with phone in hand snapping away and then sit back later to peruse what ive caught. Ive only got an iphone Mini, so enjoying these photos needs a bigger screen to appreciate them. Its a great travelogue though, well done and keep em coming!

It's been a long time since I've posted anything to this thread. Lack of confidence and depression and all the other usual psychic chains. But here's a photo that doesn't look too bad. I call it "Dog, Driver, Dispatcher." Shot with HipstamaticX with Lucifer VI lens and BlacKeys BW film on my 7th-gen iPod Touch.

51903259052_5ccd8586b0_o.jpg

It's been a long time since I've posted anything to this thread. Lack of confidence and depression and all the other usual psychic chains. But here's a photo that doesn't look too bad. I call it "Dog, Driver, Dispatcher." Shot with HipstamaticX with Lucifer VI lens and BlacKeys BW film on my 7th-gen iPod Touch.

View attachment 177291
Oooh, great image. There’s a definite story here - intriguing.:thumbs:

View attachment 177291
Love it. The BW makes those looong shadows and that sharp slash of light intriguing . . . As Starzee Star says, a definite story.

I also like the triangulation of the three figures - including the figure whose shadow cuts across the whole of the image, while his head (identity? intriguing) is out of frame. And I imagine both human figures looking at the dog, while the dog is looking directly at the viewer. A mystery.

pS: I‘m certain JillyG Jilly would like this image in this week’s BW thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom