Populuxe's Swinging Space-Age Bachelor Pad & Mobile Photography Roundup

Welcome to my swinging space-age bachelor pad. Wood paneling, shag carpets and Martin Denny on the hi-fi. Mix yourself a cocktail from the bar, sit back in an Eames lounge chair, and hopefully enjoy a few photos.

First up are some photos I took on a rainy Sunday afternoon near Mount Si in Washington. All are on classic Hipstamatic as I was too far out of range of cell phone reception for Hipstamatic X. I had "shake to randomize" on, which always makes for some fun combinations.

Nakazakicho: Kuma Lens, Hiragana Film

Susie Lens, Delaunay 1941 Film

Hekla Lens, BlacKeys Supergrain Film

Elijah Lens, Pearl Film

Hugo Lens, Arjan BW Film

Vicuña CL Lens, Cano Cafenol Film

Tachman Lens, Cinematheque Film

Jane Lens, Panaji Film

Buzz Mk1 Lens, Dixie Film

Bettie XL Lens, Otto Film

Müller Lens, Uchitel 20 film

Tejas Lens, Wanli UFO film

Emma Lens, Panaji Film

Lumière lens, BlacKeys 1942 film
Kent - this is a wonderful piece of work, you need to add your Everyday Susie shots to this portfolio. It would make a stunning coffee table edition. I can just see a large format, art paper volume, just waiting to be admired. Lets see more!

It didn't even occur to me to try that. I had to lose the border to do that, but that's not such a bad thing.
I was going to choose the landscape version as I thought it highlighted those fab streaks of light… but this is my favorite! And I prefer it sans border. :inlove:

I'd go portrait, hands down, as the more vertical format gives the diagonal perspective lines room to breathe. Theres definitely a more pronounced 'zoom' effect as the eye travels into the photo. The landscape version is good, but truncates the effect too much for me and loses the depth of field in the shot. Beautiful work btw
Hmmmmm… so interesting to see things from someone else’s eyes. My eyes “jumped” to the landscape version, but now I see the portrait version differently.

I think it kinda comes down to the fact it’s a great shot and all the versions have unique merit. :)

I've been having a real struggle with depression all summer (I call it Flamin' Hot™ Seasonal Depression) but I've finally managed to take a couple of photos that I'm not entirely embarrassed to share. I already posted the scooter shot in the Hipstamatic Shimokitazawa Hipstapak thread. Here's another of a visually impaired man out for a walk, taken with the same Hipstapak. I think this pack works well in bright sunlight.

52304818700_076e8f5e64_o.jpg

52314028590_590cffb288_o.jpg

I've been having a real struggle with depression all summer (I call it Flamin' Hot™ Seasonal Depression) but I've finally managed to take a couple of photos that I'm not entirely embarrassed to share. I already posted the scooter shot in the Hipstamatic Shimokitazawa Hipstapak thread. Here's another of a visually impaired man out for a walk, taken with the same Hipstapak. I think this pack works well in bright sunlight.

View attachment 184863
View attachment 184861
I love the way that shirt nearly glows in the shadow. :hearteyes:

View attachment 184863
View attachment 184861
Sorry to hear you’ve been struggling… and I hope the coming cooler weather is soothing for you.

These are great… I especially love the Vespas. And don’t forget… never be embarrassed here - it’s all about growing and learning, and so many times an image we think is “meh” can really speak to someone. :inlove:

It’s been a minute (about 724,000 of them) since I last posted here. Since I used Hipstamatic pretty much exclusively, the last couple years have been pretty difficult for me as I’ve been running out of compatible iDevices. My iPad Air 2 dated back to 2015, my iPad mini 2 same, and I’ve had an Android phone since my iPhone 7 broke just before the pandemic. I bought an iPod Touch in about 2020 so I could keep using Hipstamatic, but it won’t charge any more.

This past year I’ve been taking on a lot of overtime which has allowed me to buy a new iPad and iPad mini this past summer. And just yesterday I was able to buy an iPhone 15 Plus in green. I went to my phone carrier today to get my number switched to my iPhone and I am back in business, baby!

So here are a couple photos from my first walk with my new iPhone.
HipstamaticPhoto-726275852.047978.jpeg

HipstamaticPhoto-726276568.829177.jpeg

It’s been a minute (about 724,000 of them) since I last posted here. Since I used Hipstamatic pretty much exclusively, the last couple years have been pretty difficult for me as I’ve been running out of compatible iDevices. My iPad Air 2 dated back to 2015, my iPad mini 2 same, and I’ve had an Android phone since my iPhone 7 broke just before the pandemic. I bought an iPod Touch in about 2020 so I could keep using Hipstamatic, but it won’t charge any more.

This past year I’ve been taking on a lot of overtime which has allowed me to buy a new iPad and iPad mini this past summer. And just yesterday I was able to buy an iPhone 15 Plus in green. I went to my phone carrier today to get my number switched to my iPhone and I am back in business, baby!

So here are a couple photos from my first walk with my new iPhone.
View attachment 199366
View attachment 199367
WooHoo!!! Glad you’re back!

Back
Top Bottom