NEW Post Your Sunrise and Sunset pics!

Some oldies...
14 September 2013
This was taken on one of our trips out to the west cost. We were heading home and had stopped to see some friends in Keremeos BC (not far from Penticton BC) and we were heading for Calgary but got away late. We got as far as Golden BC (about a 3.5 hr drive from Calgary yet) and it was getting late so we spent the night in the motorhome parked in a truck rest area called 10 Mile Hill. Basically it is at the top of a 10 mile drive uphill east of Golden. This was the sunrise the following morning just as we were leaving to drive the rest of the way to Calgary where we were staying about 2 weeks then heading home to Regina.
View attachment 110045

16 July 2014
The summer of 2014 was hot and very dry and lots of forest fires the largest were in northern Saskatchewan and the wind was blowing the smoke south towards us so this evening was very smokey but made for a very different Sunset
View attachment 110046
Love the first one... those blue hills are wonderful.

Ahhh, Golden. Such a beautiful place.:inlove: Lovely images Larry.

Yes it is gorgeous out there. Normally we pass through it and may stop for gas or food. Another trip we stopped at the same rest stop (10 Mile Hill) Karen needed the bathroom so we pulled in and parked and I debated on leaving the motorhome running but in the end turned it off. Half an hour later went to leave and it wouldn’t start, wouldn’t turn over so I crawled under and couldn’t see anything and tapped it a couple times with a hammer but still wouldn’t start. We decided to stay overnight and so we did. Still did nothing the next morning so I ran across the highway to the divided climbed over it and ran across the other half of the highway and walked close to a mile towards Golden and into the truck rest stop on that side. It’s also a brake check area for trucks so some trucks there, one driver was kind enough to drive me back to Golden to the gas station restaurant and I phoned CAA to get it towed back to Golden and phoned around to see who could fix it. As it turned out the tow truck was part of a garage. It also turned out that the owner of the CAA and garage was in the restaurant having breakfast so I talked to him and he phoned the driver, had him pick me up and we drove back up the long hill. The driver crawled under the motorhome and took a long bar wth him and he did something and it started so we drove back into Golden and over to his shop. The driver pulled the starter out and on top of where the wires connected was all burned away. Part of the problem was the starter is very close to the exhaust pipe so it got very hot every time we were driving it and burned the wires so they were bare and they were close to the frame so grounded out. They put in a new starter and wrapped the wires so we could get home. When we got home I found a product that you can wrap the starter in to keep it cooler and got new wires to put in.
But I do like the mountains and Golden is a very nice area.

Yes it is gorgeous out there. Normally we pass through it and may stop for gas or food. Another trip we stopped at the same rest stop (10 Mile Hill) Karen needed the bathroom so we pulled in and parked and I debated on leaving the motorhome running but in the end turned it off. Half an hour later went to leave and it wouldn’t start, wouldn’t turn over so I crawled under and couldn’t see anything and tapped it a couple times with a hammer but still wouldn’t start. We decided to stay overnight and so we did. Still did nothing the next morning so I ran across the highway to the divided climbed over it and ran across the other half of the highway and walked close to a mile towards Golden and into the truck rest stop on that side. It’s also a brake check area for trucks so some trucks there, one driver was kind enough to drive me back to Golden to the gas station restaurant and I phoned CAA to get it towed back to Golden and phoned around to see who could fix it. As it turned out the tow truck was part of a garage. It also turned out that the owner of the CAA and garage was in the restaurant having breakfast so I talked to him and he phoned the driver, had him pick me up and we drove back up the long hill. The driver crawled under the motorhome and took a long bar wth him and he did something and it started so we drove back into Golden and over to his shop. The driver pulled the starter out and on top of where the wires connected was all burned away. Part of the problem was the starter is very close to the exhaust pipe so it got very hot every time we were driving it and burned the wires so they were bare and they were close to the frame so grounded out. They put in a new starter and wrapped the wires so we could get home. When we got home I found a product that you can wrap the starter in to keep it cooler and got new wires to put in.
But I do like the mountains and Golden is a very nice area.
What a story with a happy ending. And how lucky that you met all of these people. There are worst places to have broken down.

Thanks. We don't usually get much in the way of sunsets in our neighborhood because we're in a little valley, somthe sun disappears below the ridge long before it actually sets. Just happened to have the right clouds this once.
That sound similar to where I live in that the sun sets behind some hills well before sunset colour begins.

N02
FB_IMG_1517865408366.jpg

I used one of the affects on my phone and cropped it . I'm just starting in photography and don't have a clue about apps available
Well, you’re using a Samsung, so you won’t have quite the same number of photographic apps as an iPhone, but sinnerjohn John and rizole Rizole use androids, so they should be able to point you in the right direction re. Apps for your phone. Is there anything in particular you’d like to do with your photographs?

Back
Top Bottom