IOTM Winner - Feb 21, Sep 22
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone15
Onsite
Project Page
Is anybody else having problems with saving on the iPad? Mine‘s an iPad Pro 11. Sometimes if I’m having problems I check to see if a new OS is out and this usually solves it but I’m up-to-date. A couple of times Procreate has come up with Export Unsuccessful when saving as a png. IColorama also sometimes does not save and I had a couple more yesterday. I wondered if it might be size because the starting images are so much bigger these days.

Last edited:
I did have two instances where images didn’t save from snapseed. I turned the iPad off( albeit it’s an older iPad air3), and since then I’ve not had any problems. i noticed it happening after having a load of images with work in progress on superimpose and Lightroom. I’m wondering if loading up the app and having several open at the same time is affecting it? Just a thought.

Is anybody else having problems with saving on the iPad? Mine‘s an iPad Pro 11. Sometimes if I’m having problems I check to see if a new OS is out and this usually solves it but I’m up-to-date. A couple of times Procreate is come up with Export Unsuccessful when saving as a png. IColorama also sometimes does not save and I had a couple more yesterday. I wondered if it might be size because the starting images are so much bigger these days.
I haven’t had any problems as yet, but I also mostly save jpeg, unless I’m moving an image into another app for further mangling.

I did have two instances where images didn’t save from snapseed. I turned the iPad off( albeit it’s an older iPad air3), and since then I’ve not had any problems. i noticed it happening after having a load of images with work in progress on superimpose and Lightroom. I’m wondering if loading up the app and having several open at the same time is affecting it? Just a thought.
Interesting. Thanks. Yes, Snapseed was one of them and yes, I had used Superimpose. Wonder if Superimpose is the culprit?

Interesting. Thanks. Yes, Snapseed was one of them and yes, I had used Superimpose. Wonder if Superimpose is the culprit?
I had 4 images I was working on with a ton of edits and layers so it might have been that. I’ve tried to keep it to working on 2 or 3 images at most at a time now.

Is anybody else having problems with saving on the iPad? Mine‘s an iPad Pro 11. Sometimes if I’m having problems I check to see if a new OS is out and this usually solves it but I’m up-to-date. A couple of times Procreate is come up with Export Unsuccessful when saving as a png. IColorama also sometimes does not save and I had a couple more yesterday. I wondered if it might be size because the starting images are so much bigger these days.
I've seen that, too, sometimes even in Photos when I edit an image. Usually if I wait a bit, I can repeat the save and it will complete successfully. I do sometimes work with upsized photos larger than the standard 12mp, but normal size photos also occasionally have this hiccup. I almost always manage a save after a short wait and another try or two.

This is on an M1 iPad Pro 11-inch with the latest software.

Back
Top Bottom