MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
This thread is inspired by a post by rizole of one of his very first mobile photographs. I think this could be really fun and interesting to see the images we took with our first mobile device. For some of us, this will go back quite a few years! It will also be fun to see how/if our styles have changed, the apps we may or may not use any more, etc.

So to start, here are a couple of mine from April 2010... I had an iPhone 3G (3GS? can’t remember offhand which was my first :confused: ) I do know these were taken in Hipstamatic as that was my app of choice in the beginning, almost exclusively. Can anyone guess the film/lens combo?

EA263187-98BA-4857-A1B2-F8CB4AEB3557.jpeg
2E039394-29CA-4228-B2A8-AD32FC8E8869.jpeg

This thread is inspired by a post by rizole of one of his very first mobile photographs. I think this could be really fun and interesting to see the images we took with our first mobile device. For some of us, this will go back quite a few years! It will also be fun to see how/if our styles have changed, the apps we may or may not use any more, etc.

So to start, here are a couple of mine from April 2010... I had an iPhone 3G (3GS? can’t remember offhand which was my first :confused: ) I do know these were taken in Hipstamatic as that was my app of choice in the beginning, almost exclusively. Can anyone guess the film/lens combo?

View attachment 106544 View attachment 106545
Looking at that second image Catherine I'd say you've come a long way since then ;)

When I first started I used Hipsta exclusively too, but none of those images have been saved. This was one of the first images I posted on Mobi.

View attachment 106553
Picfx
Picfx!! I used that one a lot too! Yours has a bit of that same “look” that most of us had (I thought it was artsy at the time but now I’m wont to call it “over edited” :lmao: )

I tend to think of my progression as one of camera quality in mobile cameras, not necessarily phones. I'd had a nice digicam from the early 2000's but it was so bulky it only came out at home or on special occasions or if I was planning on taking pics but it's portability and 'always on me' that defines a mobile camera for me and has led to my digicam getting sold a few years ago.
This is a camera built into a watch so it was with me where ever and whenever I needed it. 120 *120 pixels.
Taken in 2003 on our honeymoon.
The Minack Theatre in Cornwall. They were doing a Shakespeare but I can't remember which.
Pict024.JPG

The Great Pyramid of Giza.
Pict037.JPG

Last edited:
I tend to think of my progression as one of camera quality in mobile cameras, not necessarily phones. I'd had a nice digicam from the early 2000's but it was so bulky it only came out at home or on special occasions or if I was planning on taking pics but it's portability and 'always on me' that defines a mobile camera for me and has led to my digicam getting sold a few years ago.
This is a camera built into a watch so it was with me where ever and whenever I needed it. 120 *120 pixels.
Taken in 2003 on our honeymoon.
The Minack Theatre in Cornwall. They were doing a Shakespeare but I can't remember which.
View attachment 106558
The Great Pyramid of Giza.
View attachment 106561
Pretty damn good for a camera watch!! What a great place to spend a honeymoon.
I was there for about 10 days Dec 1999/Jan 2000 - we just missed each other! LOL

Yes. My first mobile camera with any quality was a Samsung. This one is from 2008, edited in photoshop.
View attachment 106563
This is great too!

Come on though... there’s got to be lots of those funky over-edited never-use-these-apps-any-more photos out there. I have loads, but don’t want to do that to you guys.... :eek:

And now I'm spending time going through my back catalogue, the first colour mobile picture I still have is from 2005, taken on a Nokia 3220.
I then went through a few years of progressively better phones/cameras. All my pics from then are family photos, the creative stuff was all done on the digital camera which was better quality obviously.
Then, the global fainancial crisis happened, I got made redundant and we had a our second kid and moved 2 and a half hours west where we didn't know anyone and paying jobs we're few and far between. After that we were broke for some time and when the samsung (above) died I got myself a £10 Sony with a rubbish camera and reverted to using the digital camera instead.
There are almost zero mobile pics on my hard drive until January 2012 when I got my first smart phone, a HTC Desire S.
It still took me nearly a year to find snapssed. Here's my first unedited smartphone pic I'm happy with.
IMAG0250.jpg

Excuse me rambling on a bit...:oops: :p

Attachments

• tess and louis.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 17
It still took me nearly a year to find snapssed. Here's my first unedited smartphone pic I'm happy with.
Haha!!! :D This is great.... and I think I remember seeing it here somewhere before.

Excuse me rambling on a bit...:oops: :p
Not at all... I love hearing these types of life bits and bobs. :inlove:

Drat, every time this type of thread comes up I don’t have access to my photos - just given my hard drives to a friend for safe keeping while we are away. However I took so few pics with a mobile phone until I found Mobitog here in 2014 that they aren’t really worth sharing anyway. My first Smartphone was only 2013 and it was a cheap Samsung Ace. My earliest pic was with a Centro Palm Pilot but I think they were just people shots.

Back
Top Bottom