Remembering Our Beginnings

What a trip down memory lane! Each of these was taken six years ago so I guess I was using an iPhone 4.

E2F6BFD7-DAC7-4FC7-9A11-C157972E1677.jpeg
One of my earliest florals. What the hell was I thinking!!:eek::lol:

C758081A-F3E0-48EE-8D05-12179138654E.jpeg

I was also big into Hipstamatic for awhile!

B8B062CF-7A06-4696-B6B7-7833C2D46632.jpeg

I still like this image and, if I’m remembering correctly, it was included in the Mobitog calendar we put together years ago!

1F6E0D90-3987-4482-89F4-C3145CED713E.jpeg

I can’t remember the name of the app that created the words but I seem to have gone through a phase where I used it a lot!!

What a trip down memory lane! Each of these was taken six years ago so I guess I was using an iPhone 4.

View attachment 106609 One of my earliest florals. What the hell was I thinking!!:eek::lol:

View attachment 106608
I was also big into Hipstamatic for awhile!

View attachment 106607
I still like this image and, if I’m remembering correctly, it was included in the Mobitog calendar we put together years ago!

View attachment 106606
I can’t remember the name of the app that created the words but I seem to have gone through a phase where I used it a lot!!
Interesting, I'm seeing a pattern developing with the people that had iphones and the people that went for Android. Do you see what I mean?

One of my earliest florals. What the hell was I thinking!!:eek::lol:
LOL!!! I’ve got some of those... gotta dig them up. :lol:

I totally remember this image! I still love it.

Oh yeah! I had that app too. Damn, can’t remember the name either. This is cool!

I do feel that I was more creative and exploratory then.... looking at my stuff from 2011-2013 pretty much literally everything was highly edited, collaged, etc. I kind of miss those days....

Here we go... in @lisamjw’s vein of “What the hell was I thinking??” :barf: :coffee: Grunge much???

View attachment 106614
Unfortunately I don’t have any unedited versions cuz this bug was cool.

:lol::lol::lol:

I do feel that I was more creative and exploratory then.... looking at my stuff from 2011-2013 pretty much literally everything was highly edited, collaged, etc. I kind of miss those days....
I totally agree with you. It seemed we were even more aware of all the new editing apps that were available and constantly using them.

This is the earliest I've been able to find, so far, taken with an iPhone 4 in March 2013. I did have an iPhone 3GS before that, so there might be something older still to uncover.
And here's what looks like my first venture into apps, from April 2013, iPhone 4 and Moku Hanga.

IMG_0052.jpg

Yeah, I took a lot of pictures of Hodge around then. We'd just brought him home from the shelter in January 2013. He did this furry gentleman routine for about six months before his true cat nature began to surface.

And now I'm spending time going through my back catalogue, the first colour mobile picture I still have is from 2005, taken on a Nokia 3220.
I then went through a few years of progressively better phones/cameras. All my pics from then are family photos, the creative stuff was all done on the digital camera which was better quality obviously.
Then, the global fainancial crisis happened, I got made redundant and we had a our second kid and moved 2 and a half hours west where we didn't know anyone and paying jobs we're few and far between. After that we were broke for some time and when the samsung (above) died I got myself a £10 Sony with a rubbish camera and reverted to using the digital camera instead.
There are almost zero mobile pics on my hard drive until January 2012 when I got my first smart phone, a HTC Desire S.
It still took me nearly a year to find snapssed. Here's my first unedited smartphone pic I'm happy with.
View attachment 106574
Excuse me rambling on a bit...:oops: :p
2005?!? :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: O Practitioner of the Elder Arts :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

View attachment 106547 View attachment 106548 View attachment 106549 View attachment 106550 View attachment 106551
My journey also seemed to have started in 2010. I had a Samsung S5230 Tocco Lite. These are unedited as Android was pretty hopeless to begin with, so most from that era that are edited were done on a desktop editor, photoshop etc.

Impressive start. I especially like the milky/misty disappearing road #3

JillyG This might have been Picfx? Man, I wish I could remember. This frame is so familiar...

View attachment 106554

Here it is again... but I still kind of like this one.

View attachment 106555

Love the duck :inlove:

And now I'm spending time going through my back catalogue, the first colour mobile picture I still have is from 2005, taken on a Nokia 3220.
I then went through a few years of progressively better phones/cameras. All my pics from then are family photos, the creative stuff was all done on the digital camera which was better quality obviously.
Then, the global fainancial crisis happened, I got made redundant and we had a our second kid and moved 2 and a half hours west where we didn't know anyone and paying jobs we're few and far between. After that we were broke for some time and when the samsung (above) died I got myself a £10 Sony with a rubbish camera and reverted to using the digital camera instead.
There are almost zero mobile pics on my hard drive until January 2012 when I got my first smart phone, a HTC Desire S.
It still took me nearly a year to find snapssed. Here's my first unedited smartphone pic I'm happy with.
View attachment 106574
Excuse me rambling on a bit...:oops: :p

What Catherine said. And what Ted said. :)

Interesting, I'm seeing a pattern developing with the people that had iphones and the people that went for Android. Do you see what I mean?
I imagine it's this sort of thing that leads to Apple being widely adopted by "Creative Types" :mobibabe:. Not only do they produce good hardware and operating system but the ecosystem allows developers to explore, create and profit from quality apps that do interesting things. Android suffers from many half baked apps that don't make money unless they serve advertising and harvest personal data. From what I've read, Apple does seem to be copying some of the worse features of Android of late. Greed never rests. :rolleyes:

And here's what looks like my first venture into apps, from April 2013, iPhone 4 and Moku Hanga.

View attachment 106637

Yeah, I took a lot of pictures of Hodge around then. We'd just brought him home from the shelter in January 2013. He did this furry gentleman routine for about six months before his true cat nature began to surface.
This is just lovely... :inlove:
And I used to love Moku Hanga!

Here’s some early attempts at collages. :confused::feet: I think I only had Juxtaposer at that time. The Stamp feature is handy, but I remember a LOT of erasing/fine tuning involved.

A8E30F24-BCD4-46C4-9330-273F60077B17.jpeg

A58E8BCE-85F2-4090-AE2A-EDE2CFF480DA.jpeg

9543807F-7F95-47C9-8CFC-0BEA4E866762.jpeg

iPhone 4

Yay for Flickr! I used to tag the apps I used: PicGrunger (I used that app on so many things! :barf: ), Iris Photo Suite, FX Photo Studio (these two were some my first apps-maybe The First editing apps I used), PhotoForge, Pixlromatic (now Pixlr), ScratchCam (another one I used on everything... I think that’s where a lot of my frames came from :eek: ).

Well, that was fun. :)

Here’s some early attempts at collages. :confused::feet: I think I only had Juxtaposer at that time. The Stamp feature is handy, but I remember a LOT of erasing/fine tuning involved.

View attachment 106661
View attachment 106663
View attachment 106662
iPhone 4

Yay for Flickr! I used to tag the apps I used: PicGrunger (I used that app on so many things! :barf: ), Iris Photo Suite, FX Photo Studio (these two were some my first apps-maybe The First editing apps I used), PhotoForge, Pixlromatic (now Pixlr), ScratchCam (another one I used on everything... I think that’s where a lot of my frames came from :eek: ).

I like these, too. It's interesting to see your early stuff -- the colors seem darker and more intense.

View attachment 106661
View attachment 106663
View attachment 106662
iPhone 4

They are lovely! I love the way you included Pi. I’m always trying to find a way to sneak a little math into collages. I usually wind up leaving it out.

View attachment 106661
View attachment 106663
View attachment 106662
iPhone 4

Oh yes, Scratchcam! I seem to have overgrunged everything!!:lol:

They are lovely! I love the way you included Pi. I’m always trying to find a way to sneak a little math into collages. I usually wind up leaving it out.
Thanks a bunch Star.... you are too kind. I cringe a bit when I look at these, but I save them for the memories, like saving photos of when you were 13... :eek: o_O

Back
Top Bottom