• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Problem Replying to Selected Text

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’ve noticed since I updated to 13.1.2 on my iPhone 7+ that now when I select a portion of a post and tap on reply, nothing happens. I have to tap on Quote and then insert the quote into a new post. I can reply to an entire post, no problem... it only happens when I select just a portion.

4FB6109A-909E-4C7B-A861-6A41C57DEFC3.jpeg

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I see this, too, although I remember it starting somewhere in iOS 12. What seems to be happening is that the Copy/Lookup/Share is popping up and is taking precedence over the Quote/Reply. If I tap anywhere to make the C/L/S go away, the Q/R goes away too.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
It works for me no problem on android/Firefox.
Yeah, the Copy/Lookup/Share popup is produced by iOS rather than by MobiTog. I've been poking around trying to find an alternate way to dismiss it that would leave the Reply popup still on the screen.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Yeah, the Copy/Lookup/Share popup is produced by iOS rather than by MobiTog. I've been poking around trying to find an alternate way to dismiss it that would leave the Reply popup still on the screen.
Or hmmm, maybe not. I misinterpreted Cat's post, but now I see what she meant -- The +Quote option works but the Reply option doesn't.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
but the Reply option doesn't.
If I reply to an entire post it works, but if I just select part of a post it doesn't work. And seems it only happens on my iPhone because I just did it here from my iMac with no problem.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
If I reply to an entire post it works, but if I just select part of a post it doesn't work. And seems it only happens on my iPhone because I just did it here from my iMac with no problem.
Right, that's what I see, too. It's only the Reply option in that popup that appears when you select text.