B&W RESULT:#105 Black & White Challenge

One of the toughest things for me, when I have to judge, is to keep my mouth shut for the week. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t feel I can like or comment on images when I’m m On Duty.

But now I’m done so......
This image appeared on the top of my page (I don’t know if it does on everyone’s) but it looks exactly like the cat is watching the snow flakes, currently drifting down from our Mobitog banner.
I see what you mean.
cat.jpg

Nice work everyone who posted. As usual the B&W challenge abounded with fantastic images. I know I’ve said this a few times already, but I think this is the hardest challenge to judge.

After much consideration I have awarded third spot to rizole for Cat Cafe. The bright eyes are captivating.
View attachment 117977 In second, our newbie Coronation80 with Sausages. A nice “slice of life” image and you gotta love the stern look of Store keeper. View attachment 117978 And this week winner is another relative newbie, TomHH with And Of Course, Nuts. I love the texture, details and tonal quality. Nice work! And of course you realize, Tom, by winning, you have the honor of judging next week’s black and white challenge. View attachment 117979
Great choices Star. :thumbs: I too love TomHH winning image... Congrats Tom!! Well deserved. High fives to placers Coronation80 Stephen and rizole, well done gentlemen! :D

One of the toughest things for me, when I have to judge, is to keep my mouth shut for the week. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t feel I can like or comment on images when I’m m On Duty.

But now I’m done so......
This image appeared on the top of my page (I don’t know if it does on everyone’s) but it looks exactly like the cat is watching the snow flakes, currently drifting down from our Mobitog banner.
No, it’s not just you. I’m the same when I’m judging. Lovely job Star. And it absolutely does look like the cat is idly watching the falling snowflakes from the comfort of a warm windowsill.:lol:

Nice work everyone who posted. As usual the B&W challenge abounded with fantastic images. I know I’ve said this a few times already, but I think this is the hardest challenge to judge.

After much consideration I have awarded third spot to rizole for Cat Cafe. The bright eyes are captivating.
View attachment 117977 In second, our newbie Coronation80 with Sausages. A nice “slice of life” image and you gotta love the stern look of Store keeper. View attachment 117978 And this week winner is another relative newbie, TomHH with And Of Course, Nuts. I love the texture, details and tonal quality. Nice work! And of course you realize, Tom, by winning, you have the honor of judging next week’s black and white challenge. View attachment 117979

Wonderful judging Star. Thank you. Yay! Well done TomHH Tom for winning this week’s challenge with those marvellous walnuts. They’re so sharp! :thumbs: Very seasonal too. Congrats to Coronation80 Stephen and rizole Rizole for second and third respectively. Two great images. Thank you to everyone who posted. Isn’t it marvellous that no two weeks are the same in these challenges? Right, I’m going to carefully transport Tom’s walnuts down to the Gallery. I’m quite partial to a walnut fresh from the shell, so they may not all make it. Where to put the shells meantime is always a conundrum for me!:lol:

As I just mentioned to Rizole, I don’t like to comment while I’m judging, but now I’m done so, is this an effect from Hipstamatic or are there three identical buildings? Very abstract.
This was put through Hipsta twice. Firstly I applied the new pak without the frame and then put it through again and this was one of my Favourites. Not sure which one. I’ll check and let you know.

Edit: It’s the Pablo Mark 1 Lens that produces this effect, but do you think I could get it to replicate this blinking image? No. I. Could. Not.!!!

Last edited:
This was put through Hipsta twice. Firstly I applied the new pak without the frame and then put it through again and this was one of my Favourites. Not sure which one. I’ll check and let you know.

Edit: It’s the Pablo Mark 1 Lens that produces this effect, but do you think I could get it to replicate this blinking image? No. I. Could. Not.!!!
Clever!

I don't think it matters, really. If you like to comment and it doesn't feel weird when you're judging, then no problem. Just a personal style thing (possibly indicative of an exalted sense of importance when I'm judge :lmao::zip:).
:lol:

I don't think it matters, really. If you like to comment and it doesn't feel weird when you're judging, then no problem. Just a personal style thing (possibly indicative of an exalted sense of importance when I'm judge :lmao::zip:).
:lmao:

Congrats to TomHH for the win. Yay to Coronation80 and rizole, nice to see some newbies coming through :thumbs::thumbs:

Wow! I'm really honoured. Not because I won but because of the response to my work! Thank you so much.

And I have to apologise for getting back to this challenge so late but I drowning in work at the moment.

Winning also means that I have to curate the running challenge, right? So I will do my best to choose the winner in time!

So to all of you - continue with your inspiring shots! In the challenges no one will loose. There's always a benefit.

I'm really glad that I found this community of enthusiastic mobile photographers having so much fun with their hobby.

Wow! I'm really honoured. Not because I won but because of the response to my work! Thank you so much.

And I have to apologise for getting back to this challenge so late but I drowning in work at the moment.

Winning also means that I have to curate the running challenge, right? So I will do my best to choose the winner in time!

So to all of you - continue with your inspiring shots! In the challenges no one will loose. There's always a benefit.

I'm really glad that I found this community of enthusiastic mobile photographers having so much fun with their hobby.
Lovely sentiment Tom. :thumbs: I’ll let you know when it’s time for you to judge, so don’t worry about that yet.

Last edited:

Well said. Sir. Congrats on well deserved win.

OMG! That's not true! I rejudged! Argl - maybe too much work :lmao: . Okay, give me a short and I'll do the next one. ..
But it was a good bit of judging even though you already won the competition you've picked the winner for. :lmao:

You may have twigged by now but at the risk of being redundant, the b&w challenge (and colour too) runs from Sunday to Sunday. JillyG will close the thread and then you're on for judging.
The new B&w challenge is here:
https://mobitog.com/threads/evaluating-106-black-white-challenge.23549/

Sorry if you've already figured that out.

Last edited:
But it was a good bit of judging even though you already won the competition you've picked the winner for. :lmao:

You may have twigged by now but at the risk of being redundant, the b&w challenge (and colour too) runs from Sunday to Sunday. JillyG will close the thread and then you're on for judging.
https://mobitog.com/threads/new-107-black-white-challenge.23554/#post-405975

I think he has, hence the cry of despair. :whistle: Poor Tom has been working hard. :sleep: And it’s 106 he’s judging not 107, so don’t confuse him any further.:lol:

OMG! That's not true! I rejudged! Argl - maybe too much work :lmao: . Okay, give me a short break and I'll do the next one. ..

https://mobitog.com/threads/evaluating-106-black-white-challenge.23549/

I think he has, hence the cry of despair. :whistle: Poor Tom has been working hard. :sleep: And it’s 106 he’s judging not 107, so don’t confuse him any further.:lol:

Link changed.
I can't even blame my misdirection on working too hard myself. I'm doing my best at winding down.....
:lol: No worries... I employed some MobiFaeries and moved it to the correct thread.

Back
Top Bottom