B&W RESULT:#112 Black & White Challenge

Bristol Snow Scene, Sony Xperia
29366299_1988047371516434_5235115138285488302_n.jpg
29339797_1988047544849750_2398598303352250579_n.jpg

Spectacular. What is a wave motor ?
It's a way to harness wave action for use. In this case, in the late 1890s, it was used to pump sea water up into a storage tower. From there, there water was used to keep down the dust on the dirt roads in the area.

Now all that's left is the bore in the rock. The cap with the three holes was put in after the motor fell out of use (to keep people from jumping in, I imagine). More info:

Santa Cruz wave motor

Wow, it’s February already!! Eeek. Best get this #112 Black and White Challenge CLOSED and the new one open. It won’t be long before we’re saying “Where has this year gone?”. But lots of great photo opps to go before then. Okay Jef Jef, whenever you’re ready, please choose your favourites.

So... this was hard. There were several that I really liked, but there were a few I kept coming back to so I’m going with them.

I came back to this one by sdimbour most often, and awarded first:
1C2B6985-80F7-49F1-A60C-571E6F8E81D5.png

The lines from several angles that take me to the somewhat silhouetted people, the jagged mountain lines, the fact that the people are the darkest objects... just lots of things to love.

Second, is this gem by sinnerjohn:
1C573AF0-D443-4D34-8F14-A059CDD9A972.png

I’ve got a thing for lines right now, and this one also has many to love. My favorite line is that lightpost. You’ve made it look fabulously interesting, but it’s such a common thing. Nice work.

Third is rizole:
4734CBFD-B1DC-410A-B940-2981B4C94E3D.png

That crooked line up the stairs... *sigh*... Again, a common thing, but to me that line makes the whole shot work so well.

There were several others I really liked, so HM’s to all!

Now... on to another wonderful week!

Thanks Jef for making me the winner of last week challenge. So happy and proud :)
Congrats sinnerjohn and rizole for your beautiful pics :thumbs:

So... this was hard. There were several that I really liked, but there were a few I kept coming back to so I’m going with them.

View attachment 120313
The lines from several angles that take me to the somewhat silhouetted people, the jagged mountain lines, the fact that the people are the darkest objects... just lots of things to love.

View attachment 120314
I’ve got a thing for lines right now, and this one also has many to love. My favorite line is that lightpost. You’ve made it look fabulously interesting, but it’s such a common thing. Nice work.

Third is rizole:
View attachment 120315
That crooked line up the stairs... *sigh*... Again, a common thing, but to me that line makes the whole shot work so well.

View attachment 120313

View attachment 120314

Third is rizole:
View attachment 120315

Congrats sdimbour Sandra, lovely b/w as ever. Many thanks for my No.2 Jef and yay to rizole too.

View attachment 120313

View attachment 120314

Third is rizole:
View attachment 120315

Great judging Jef. You’ve chosen three beauties and I can imagine it must have been a difficult choice. Congratulations sdimbour Sandra - that is a wonderful image. The people really give it scale and add yet more interest. sinnerjohn John, that image is fantastic - the leading lines, the mist, that War of the Worlds-type lamp post. And more leading lines in rizole Rizole’s super image. The standard of photography in this challenge is so high, it’s amazing and inspiring. Okay, I will now go and hang Sandra’s View from Piau Engaly in the Gallery. If you have a spare moment, do go and marvel at the talent we have here on Mobitog. https://mobitog.com/gallery/albums/mobi-black-white-winners.403/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom