B&W RESULT:#113 Black & White Challenge

View attachment 120401
Still dark..... - snapseed

Love this edit. Makes for a kindof surreal, people-less street scene, suggesting night time, quiet, deserted ~+ which is completely contradicted by the bus, which makes me think of Dickensian movement: people off to their quotidian labours, the steady drip drip drip of everyday life . . . !

terse how is agave seen in your neck of the woods? Over here it seems to be a bit *meh* — it’s everywhere but not really noticed, or foregrounded or something. As sinnerjohn points out, its leaves and curves and gentle points are a beauty to behold — and have you seen how they can grow from a broken stalk? Amazing. I remember your more silver-tones BW a while back - they make for good photos.

I love hydrangea - don’t have one & never looked at a dying one close up. Beautiful image - perfect start for an abstract, too :whistle: :) How did you make the decision to keep or leave the fragment of petals bottom L?
I thought about it actually.
Here’s a slightly different headed with the out of focus bloom removed.
3995CD9E-8D16-4E07-9DC5-CE845BAC4B7A.jpeg

Even though the other bloom was out of focus, I kind of liked the sense of depth that it provided on the rather featureless background of snow.

Last edited:
I thought about it actually.
Here’s a slightly different headed with the out of focus bloom removed.
View attachment 120519
Even though the other bloom was out of focus, I kind of liked the sense of depth that it provided on the rather featureless background of snow.

Comparing the two, I see what you mean. I think my abstract leaning favours the stark version :)

terse how is agave seen in your neck of the woods? Over here it seems to be a bit *meh* — it’s everywhere but not really noticed, or foregrounded or something. As sinnerjohn points out, its leaves and curves and gentle points are a beauty to behold — and have you seen how they can grow from a broken stalk? Amazing. I remember your more silver-tones BW a while back - they make for good photos.
You don't see them everywhere, and I don't think they grow wild around here, so they'd have to be planted on purpose -- a feature not a bug, in other words. I like them a lot: the curves of the edges are so graceful when you move in toward the center.

Back
Top Bottom