B&W RESULT:#114 Black & White Challenge

I don't know that but now I'm visualising all sorts. A ten mile, early morning run followed by wheat grass smoothies and a revue of his top earning stocks. Hall an hour answering questions on yahoo answers inbetween finishing off the Sunday crossword. Finished off with a spin class and then he's ready to judge photos?
It’s like you’ve got a secret camera trained on Ted. Uncanny.:rolleyes:

A great week, 50 quality b/w images by 12 people. Congrats to everyone. And now:

First to sdimbour for "Books and love": Yes, I feel a bit odd about handing the baton back to Sandra after she'd handed it to me only last week, but c'mon, just look at this photo. It's technically superb: The tones are perfect, there's detail in the lights and darks, it's clear and clean without being oversharpened or noisy, you can see the texture in the standing woman's wool coat and the seated woman's scarf, and while some might quibble about having the arms slightly cropped at the left and right, I think that reinforces the crowded feel. And it's got story: the intimacy of the arm around the standing woman's waist, the older woman absorbed in her book, and the feeling I get that the two are very much aware of each other. You're good, Sandra. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

77afd212-a248-46e7-87d0-1bda980f8c5b-jpeg.120920

Second to Geek1956 for "Look Up": Timing! This chance superimposition also tells a story, one that's accentuated by the clean, high contrast foreground over the soft and slightly murky background. Moral: Keep your eyes open and your camera settings ready!

3b3552aa-e0dc-4e34-8421-066daac31bcb-jpeg.120915

Third to Coronation80 for "Game Over": And yet another story, this time one that we're all familiar with. I flip-flop on this one, sometimes thinking it's a first date gone bad, sometimes that it's a relationship coming to an end. Or maybe it's just two acquaintances waiting awkwardly for the third they both know. Good eye, whatever the case.

35919497_2046358439018660_6113871763873988608_n-jpg.120726

Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order) to Jef for his "Untitled" liquid drop, JillyG for "Laurel and Hardy Live On," rizole for "Weatherproofing," TomHH for "Early morning at the marina," and zenjenny for her portrait "Him." Geek1956 and Coronation80 could also get HMs for some of their other images, but they already have second and third, so enough of that.

Last edited:
A great week, 50 quality b/w images by 12 people. Congrats to everyone. And now:

First to sdimbour for "Books and love": Yes, I feel a bit odd about handing the baton back to Sandra after she'd handed it to me only last week, but c'mon, just look at this photo. It's technically superb: The tones are perfect, there's detail in the lights and darks, it's clear and clean without being oversharpened or noisy, you can see the texture in the standing woman's wool coat and the seated woman's scarf, and while some might quibble about having the arms slightly cropped at the left and right, I think that reinforces the crowded feel. And it's got story: the intimacy of the arm around the standing woman's waist, the older woman absorbed in her book, and the feeling I get that the two are very much aware of each other. You're good, Sandra. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Second to Geek1956 for "Look Up": Timing! This chance superimposition also tells a story, one that's accentuated by the clean, high contrast foreground over the soft and slightly murky background. Moral: Keep your eyes open and your camera settings ready!

Third to Coronation80 for "Game Over": And yet another story, this time one that we're all familiar with. I flip-flop on this one, sometimes thinking it's a first date gone bad, sometimes that it's a relationship coming to an end. Or maybe it's just two acquaintances waiting awkwardly for the third they both know. Good eye, whatever the case.

Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order) to Jef for his "Untitled" liquid drop, JillyG for "Laurel and Hardy Live On,"
rizole for "Weatherproofing," TomHH for "Early morning at the marina," and zenjenny for her portrait "Him." Geek1956 and Coronation80 could also get HMs for some of their other images, but they already have second and third, so enough of that.

Well Ted, I think you deserve a medal, or at the very least, something in the cake category, for this marvellous piece of judging. Congratulations of sdimbour Sandra, that image is superb for all the reasons Ted said. And if Ted says it’s his favourite, it doesn’t matter at all that you won two weeks ago. Well, it doesn’t to us - it just means that you’ll be judging again, so it might matter to you.:lol:

Well done to Geek1956 Kevin and Coronation80 Stephen for 2nd and 3rd respectively - marvellous images both. What all of these three images have in common is fabulous composition and the human factor.

Thank you for my HM and snaps and claps to Jef Jef, rizole Rizole, TomHH Tom, zenjenny Jen, Geek1956 Kevin and Coronation80 Stephen.

It was a truly great week in Black and White Land. More please.:lol:

Okay, I will now take sdimbour Sandra’s book-loving lady and love-loving couple down to the Gallery without disturbing either.:D

Honorable Mentions (in alphabetical order) to Jef for his "Untitled" liquid drop, JillyG for "Laurel and Hardy Live On,"
rizole for "Weatherproofing," TomHH for "Early morning at the marina," and zenjenny for her portrait "Him." Geek1956 and Coronation80 could also get HMs for some of their other images, but they already have second and third, so enough of that.
Well done Ted. :thumbs: Congrats Sandra sdimbour!! Well deserved! High fives to Geek1956 Kevin, Coronation80 Stephen and all the HMs!!

Back
Top Bottom