B&W RESULT:#116 Black & White Challenge

AB496B6A-C652-43B9-80A3-52B6E02A4B6E.jpeg

Light escaping
Slow Shutter Cam, ACDSee Pro

Righty-ho. I pronounce this Black and White Challenge officially CLOSED. It’s now the job of RHKing Robert to choose his favourites. Whenever you have a moment Robert.:thumbs:

Man, I just have to get more creative. I reckon you have insect eyes...they see in all directions!

Is your phone strapped to your hand? How DO you get all these images??
I have independently moving eyes and gecko feet grafts on my hands making my phone stick to them at all times.
independant.jpg

The three winners all had a good run of images this week but I chose these for their originality, composition and tonal qualities. Well done to you.

1st: sinnerjohn John – The Undertoad. Other worldly, ethereal and perfectly composed. Just love it. I
195F4987-D35E-4DFC-8607-ADA49AB7A0B3.jpeg

2nd: Geek1956 Kevin – Art gallery shadows. I’m a sucker for shadows. This is very reminiscent of the photography of Laszlo Moholy–Nagy
80C40D5F-EDD3-490F-94EC-9737FA907265.png

3rd: rizole Rizole – That’s close enough. There is so much to like me about this one. Love the grumpy one on the right, the playfulness of the other, the textures of the bricks........
04B684E2-E517-49EC-842B-EA147B51E94C.jpeg

Honourable mentions to: Coronation80 Stephen – a good run of quirky images. terse Ted for ‘Family Time’ love the flow of this composition. RoseCat Catherine for the circular Hipstamatic. The leaves look almost paper like. Keep up the great work folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The three winners all had a good run of images this week but I chose these for their originality, composition and tonal qualities. Well done to you.

1st: sinnerjohn John – The Undertoad. Other worldly, ethereal and perfectly composed. Just love it. I
View attachment 121925
2nd: Geek1956 Kevin – Art gallery shadows. I’m a sucker for shadows. This is very reminiscent of the photography of Laszlo Moholy–Nagy
View attachment 121926
3rd: rizole Rizole – That’s close enough. There is so much to like me about this one. Love the grumpy one on the right, the playfulness of the other, the textures of the bricks........
View attachment 121927

Honourable mentions to: Coronation80 Stephen – a good run of quirky images. terse Ted for ‘Family Time’ love the flow of this composition. RoseCat Catherine for the circular Hipstamatic. The leaves look almost paper like. Keep up the great work folks.
Well that was a pleasant surprise to wake up to on a damp Wednesday morning. Thank you Robert, I'm honoured that you liked my image :notworthy:
And if any of you haven't read John Irving's The World According to Garp, (avoid the film like the plague) I suggest you do promptly :) You'll learn all about the 'undertoad'.
Congrats to Geek1956 and rizole for sharing the honours :thumbs: Another fantabulous b/w week.

View attachment 121925
View attachment 121926
View attachment 121927

Thank you so much Robert for this lovely piece of judging. I can’t argue with any of your choices. Congratulations sinnerjohn John - that is a wonderfully dark and brooding image and a worthy winner. Well done to Geek1956 Kevin and rizole Rizole for two really off-beat and interesting images. Big hugs for Coronation80 Stephen, terse Ted and RoseCat Catherine for their HMs. I will now venture down to the Gallery with The Undertoad. Come looking for me here if I go missing.

View attachment 121925
View attachment 121926
View attachment 121927

Wonderful choices Robert!! Super congrats sinnerjohn John!! Yay!! High fives to Geek1956 Kevin and rizole.... and the HMs - thanks for including me! :D

View attachment 121925
View attachment 121926
View attachment 121927

Congratulations to John and Rizole . Haven’t been as active as I’m cruising for the next two weeks so I’m on an low internet diet

Back
Top Bottom