B&W RESULT:#117 Black & White Challenge

Ok guess its me then :D

Another week of awesome (borrowed from RoseCat ) b/w images. Well done everyone that posted, you are all winners:thumbs:

Picking 1st was actually quite easy for a change. One image totally blew me away, which I'll come to in a minute.
Although there are dozens of different types of images made, for me there are two categories.
Images that tell a story and images of things.
Nothing wrong with images of things, most of mine fall into that category.
The real magic for me is when an image tells a story and transports us to a time and place either imagined or real.
If I make one of those I always feel especially proud and so should Geek1956 when he looks at this weeks 1st place.
5b6da095-2e99-495f-8b1b-5ea779cbc7b8-jpeg.121768

To me it just screams summer, I can feel the heat and the invitation to jump in that cool ocean. How Kevin has captured that person mid leap is superb.
I just wonder how many shots he took to get that one and what it looked like in colour! Well done Sir :thumbs:

2nd place actually falls into storytelling AND a thing. Catherine's RoseCat's caravan, as us Brits would call it but maybe trailer over the pond.
Unloved and tired but also quite sinister (I read too much horror).
e625225f-4103-4193-b267-6ca95f702e86-jpeg.121809

3rd was a tough one to call...........so I won't :lol: I'll just say there was all sorts of places, things, animals and people that were well deserving of a place.
Well done all, pat yourselves on the back :thumbs:

Another week of awesome (borrowed from RoseCat ) b/w images. Well done everyone that posted, you are all winners:thumbs:

Picking 1st was actually quite easy for a change. One image totally blew me away, which I'll come to in a minute.
Although there are dozens of different types of images made, for me there are two categories.
The real magic for me is when an image tells a story and transports us to a time and place either imagined or real.
If I make one of those I always feel especially proud and so should Geek1956 when he looks at this weeks 1st place.

To me it just screams summer, I can feel the heat and the invitation to jump in that cool ocean. How Kevin has captured that person mid leap is superb.
I just wonder how many shots he took to get that one and what it looked like in colour! Well done Sir :thumbs:

2nd place actually falls into storytelling AND a thing. Catherine's RoseCat's caravan, as us Brits would call it but maybe trailer over the pond.

3rd was a tough one to call...........so I won't :lol: I'll just say there was all sorts of places, things, animals and people that were well deserving of a place.

Marvellous job John, thank you. Congratulations to Geek1956 Kevin - that is a superb image, no question. There’s so much to love about it and a worthy winner. And well done to RoseCat Catherine for coming in second. No shame in that when there were so many fantastic images this week. I will now go and hang Kevin’s wonderful image of boys having fun at Sydney Beach in the Gallery.

What a fabulous wrapup John! I couldn’t agree more regarding Geek1956 Kevin’s image... a superb capture... Congrats Kevin! And thank you so much for my second! :notworthy: Super honored considering how many amazing images were submitted. I’m always happy when someone *sees* what I see (yes, I totally get the sinister bit.....huge Stephen King fan, ya know.... I’m sure that’s part of what attracted me to it) :D

If I make one of those I always feel especially proud and so should Geek1956 when he looks at this weeks 1st place. Thanks John for picking my capture and congratulations Rosecat. Sorry for my late reply but I've only just stepped off the boat from New Zealand. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom