B&W RESULT:#120 Black & White Challenge

Short Cut, Sony Xperia
stephen.lang34_2017-03-18_23-59-30_17333811_192269297933361_2881783108401627136_n.jpg

Agh! Curse this Daylight Saving Time! I thought it was ten to seven, but it’s actually ten to eight!o_O This challenge is now CLOSED. It’s my task and pleasure this week to do the judging. Once I’ve recovered from the shock of losing an hour, I’ll be back with the results.:rolleyes:

COME ON!!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: Look at that little one in the top right looking at you! Sooooooo sweet. I want to take all of them.
I was quacking at them. The other patrons were quite amused. So was Rosie. She kept cocking her head. Ilovee that they allow pets in there.

At one point this week I thought we’d only have one page of images for me to judge, but, after my cri de coeur, you stepped up and posted more marvellous images, thank you. In fact, it was quite difficult to choose the winners in the end. The cityscapes this week were fabulous. I’m almost tempted to suggest a challenge just for them, but luckily I resisted. :lol:

In first place is lkbside Leslie with Civil War Encampment. If you want to see the perfect marriage of edit and subject, then this is it. If this had a hint of sepia to it, you’d swear that it was an old photo (but, of course, it wouldn’t have been in the Black and White Challenge:rolleyes:). Well done Leslie. By the way, what was that combo?

52F55F91-2C27-40CB-BBE9-5FD2FB46762F.jpeg

In second place is terse Ted and his Take Flight. Such a beautiful, artistic edit to this. Just lovely.
BED8BEB1-3D23-469F-93C0-C4919CF061DD.jpeg

In third place is sinnerjohn John with that fabulous view Inside Manchester Art Gallery. I love how all of the lines intersect and make little pictures in their own right. Wonderful.
2B959CF8-C18A-4ED3-820E-010008E471C0.jpeg

The Cute Award is shared this week between Starzee Star and RoseCat Catherine for their cows and ducklings - both adorable.

Thank you to everyone who posted and commented. Now that we’re getting to grips with the new, super-improved Mobitog, hopefully things will get back to normal (whatever that is!). Okay, me and the boys with the rifles are off to the Gallery. Please come and admire them here.

Last edited:
Great choices Jilly! I couldn’t agree more with your wrapup of lkbside Leslie’s image... it looks so real! Congrats Leslie!

High fives to terse Ted and sinnerjohn John - well done gents! :D Thank you for my HM... I can just picture Starzee Star’s ducklings riding on the backs of Blossom & Hazel. :lol:

Great choices Jilly! I couldn’t agree more with your wrapup of lkbside Leslie’s image... it looks so real! Congrats Leslie!

High fives to terse Ted and sinnerjohn John - well done gents! :D Thank you for my HM... I can just picture Starzee Star’s ducklings riding on the backs of Blossom & Hazel. :lol:
Thanks! But they are real! These guys come from all over every March to commemorate the Battle of Glorieta Pass, sometimes referred to as the Gettysburg of the West.

At one point this week I thought we’d only have one page of images for me to judge, but, after my cri de coeur, you stepped up and posted more marvellous images, thank you. In fact, it was quite difficult to choose the winners in the end. The cityscapes this week were fabulous. I’m almost tempted to suggest a challenge just for them, but luckily I resisted. :lol:

In first place is lkbside Leslie with Civil War Encampment. If you want to see the perfect marriage of edit and subject, then this is it. If this had a hint of sepia to it, you’d swear that it was an old photo (but, of course, it wouldn’t have been in the Black and White Challenge:rolleyes:). Well done Leslie. By the way, what was that combo?

View attachment 143723

In second place is terse Ted and his Take Flight. Such a beautiful, artistic edit to this. Just lovely.
View attachment 143722

In third place is sinnerjohn John with that fabulous view Inside Manchester Art Gallery. I love how all of the lines intersect and make little pictures in their own right. Wonderful.
View attachment 143724

The Cute Award is shared this week between Starzee Star and RoseCat Catherine for their cows and ducklings - both adorable.

Thank you to everyone who posted and commented. Now that we’re getting to grips with the new, super-improved Mobitog, hopefully things will get back to normal (whatever that is!). Okay, me and the boys with the rifles are off to the Gallery. Please come and admire them here.
Well, thank you very much! The combo is Stavros, DType, some clarity and lightening of shadows. I took a lot of photos, but mainly with my camera so I could zoom without being in these guys faces. This is an iPhone shot.

My go to combo for the series was a colorized old timey look -Vicuña - CType - PopRox, but I did a BW edit for here.

Congrats terse and sinnerjohn !

Well, thank you very much! The combo is Stavros, DType, some clarity and lightening of shadows. I took a lot of photos, but mainly with my camera so I could zoom without being in these guys faces. This is an iPhone shot.

My go to combo for the series was a colorized old timey look -Vicuña - CType - PopRox, but I did a BW edit for here.

Congrats terse and sinnerjohn !
And we’re glad you did! Thanks for the info.

I thought, at first glance, that these were real Leslie and I wondered how this Hipsta combo made them look like sculptures. But that nose is far too chiselled. Great find and edit.
Yep. Sculptures. I probably could rough them up with some texture and grain...

Back
Top Bottom