• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who have DONATED to help with MobiTog's running costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum! (If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and additional expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has minor update/improvement stuff on-going... :)

B&W RESULT:#121 Black & White Challenge

NickLeon

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Nick
Device
iPhone Xs
An Angel in Wells Cathedral
EB16F04F-449B-4976-ADA2-D14202C80F25.jpeg

I took this yesterday - iPhone XS in portrait mode but dialled back the bokeh somewhat then converted to Noir in the Photos app.
I took the same picture last year with an Olympus OM-D + 17mm lens (see my IG account nickleon444) and am very pleased at how well a mobile pic stands up in comparison.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
An Angel in Wells Cathedral
View attachment 143938
I took this yesterday - iPhone XS in portrait mode but dialled back the bokeh somewhat then converted to Noir in the Photos app.
I took the same picture last year with an Olympus OM-D + 17mm lens (see my IG account nickleon444) and am very pleased at how well a mobile pic stands up in comparison.
Nice! Those mid-grays came out really well. In the past, I often used ACDSee Pro for b/w conversions, but now I also frequently use either Mono or Noir in Photos (with some adjustments to Brilliance and Blacks) because they work so well.

Last edited:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
:lol:I like that “feral strawberry”.
:D They grow along the bank of our little backyard brook. We got the original plants from a neighbor, so I'm not sure if they're actually wild or just domesticated escapees.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
After another fabulous black and white week, this challenge is now CLOSED. It’s time for lkbside Leslie to do her stuff and choose her favourites. Whenever you’re ready Leslie, there’s no rush.

Here’s a link to the new Black and White Challenge. Whilst we await Leslie’s deliberations, start posting your black and whites here:https://mobitog.com/threads/new-122-black-white-challenge.23753/