B&W RESULT:#121 Black & White Challenge

495ABC97-05EB-4E0D-92F9-32EBE2687104.jpeg

Feral strawberry blossoms, also soggy
Photos, ACDSee Pro, Snapseed

An Angel in Wells Cathedral
EB16F04F-449B-4976-ADA2-D14202C80F25.jpeg

I took this yesterday - iPhone XS in portrait mode but dialled back the bokeh somewhat then converted to Noir in the Photos app.
I took the same picture last year with an Olympus OM-D + 17mm lens (see my IG account nickleon444) and am very pleased at how well a mobile pic stands up in comparison.

An Angel in Wells Cathedral
View attachment 143938
I took this yesterday - iPhone XS in portrait mode but dialled back the bokeh somewhat then converted to Noir in the Photos app.
I took the same picture last year with an Olympus OM-D + 17mm lens (see my IG account nickleon444) and am very pleased at how well a mobile pic stands up in comparison.
Nice! Those mid-grays came out really well. In the past, I often used ACDSee Pro for b/w conversions, but now I also frequently use either Mono or Noir in Photos (with some adjustments to Brilliance and Blacks) because they work so well.

Last edited:
After another fabulous black and white week, this challenge is now CLOSED. It’s time for lkbside Leslie to do her stuff and choose her favourites. Whenever you’re ready Leslie, there’s no rush.

Here’s a link to the new Black and White Challenge. Whilst we await Leslie’s deliberations, start posting your black and whites here:https://mobitog.com/threads/new-122-black-white-challenge.23753/

Back
Top Bottom