B&W RESULT:#121 Black & White Challenge

Tough judging week. So many good ones, it was hard to narrow down my favorites.

First place goes to Coronation80 for Joker in the pack.
E1D45A5D-4A31-4942-86C1-74E55B20D7F6.jpeg

Steller composition. Love the layers of detail, from the pattern in the pavement, the casual placement of the women, the capture of so many facial expression, through to the interesting background. Love everything about it. Enter this one in a big time contest!

2nd place to Jef for his Studebaker.
A4ABFB33-862C-42F2-B853-AD569D7ADB4A.jpeg

I love photographing old cars but always struggle with getting a good composition. Love how you filled the frame with the car. Great in BW.

And my 3rd choice is Glasshousebc for his lovely Tranquility photo.
0CF8021A-5CE3-430F-9484-2E259FBAB365.jpeg

I had a long stressful travel day yesterday and this photo calmed me right down!

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 144019
Steller composition. Love the layers of detail, from the pattern in the pavement, the casual placement of the women, the capture of so many facial expression, through to the interesting background. Love everything about it. Enter this one in a big time contest!

View attachment 144020
I love photographing old cars but always struggle with getting a good composition. Love how you filled the frame with the car. Great in BW.

View attachment 144021
I had a long stressful travel day yesterday and this photo calmed me right down!
Super job Leslie.:thumbs: Congratulations to Coronation80 Stephen for capturing that brief moment of humour - great shot. Well done to Jef Jef and Glasshousebc Steve for second and third. Who doesn’t love a classic American car or a beautiful lake? Another fantastic week of black and white images - you should all be very proud of yourselves. Now I’m off to hang Stephen’s unruly group in the Gallery. See it, and the other marvellous winners, here.

Congrats to Coronation80 great moment captured there. Yay to Jef and Glasshousebc :thumbs:
Super job Leslie.:thumbs: Congratulations to Coronation80 Stephen for capturing that brief moment of humour - great shot. Well done to Jef Jef and Glasshousebc Steve for second and third. Who doesn’t love a classic American car or a beautiful lake? Another fantastic week of black and white images - you should all be very proud of yourselves. Now I’m off to hang Stephen’s unruly group in the Gallery. See it, and the other marvellous winners, here.

View attachment 144019

Thanks ever so much... delighted the matelots won the day (ex Navy myself, so I’m biased )

View attachment 144019

View attachment 144020

View attachment 144021
Bravo Coronation80 Stephen! What an amazing capture... well done!

Also love Jef ’s fab Studebaker (lkbside Leslie, I couldn’t agree more re photographing cars) and Glasshousebc ’s stunning lake - congrats gents!

Back
Top Bottom