B&W RESULT:#123 Black & White Challenge

Stainless Steel

F537237E-A738-4780-A6A8-E0FDE4928F98.jpeg

The lock on one of our two new storage sheddy-type things.
Snapseed, LensLight

Okay boys and girls, this Challenge is CLOSED! sinnerjohn John has very kindly agreed to step in as judge, while Kevin is sunning himself in Bali, of all places!! Didn’t he just come back from a cruise?? Anyway, I digress. John, it’s over to you to choose your favourites. But no need to put down that chocolate egg until it’s finished. :lol:

Stand in judge reporting for duty, hope Kevin is enjoying Bali, not jealous one bit as the UK has had its warmest Easter in 70 years.....apparently.
Nah not jealous one bit :rolleyes:

Anyways I was going to make it short and sweet and not pontificate at all......but, I was looking through this weeks images and I thought I'd give you an insight to how my thinking works.

I may have mentioned this before but in my eye there are only two different types of images, ones that are static and 'of a thing' , the 'thing' has probably been there a long time, i.e. my Notre Dame image this week. I'd say most of my images are 'of a thing' which is fine as sometimes the thing in question may be of interest to someone other than me.

The second type of image is the kind that can truly be called a 'capture', a term oft bandied about. This kind of image captures a brief moment in time, depicting a scene that will probably never occur again. Hence my fascination with 'street' photography.

So bearing that in mind, my winner this week has to be JillyG , that shadow pigeon keeps me coming back every time. Unique and an image truly captured.

2nd place is an 'of a thing' image but very clever with it. TomHH with Four in a Row. Not something I'd have thought of doing, would you?

and 3rd is sdimbour with View from Saint Jean de Luz, another moment in time shot coupled with a great 'of a thing' view.

No HM's as such as I loved all the other images equally. Thank you Jilly for asking me to stand in and thank you all for making the B/W challenge so interesting and educational :notworthy:

Stand in judge reporting for duty, hope Kevin is enjoying Bali, not jealous one bit as the UK has had its warmest Easter in 70 years.....apparently.

Anyways I was going to make it short and sweet and not pontificate at all......but, I was looking through this weeks images and I thought I'd give you an insight to how my thinking works.

I may have mentioned this before but in my eye there are only two different types of images, ones that are static and 'of a thing' , the 'thing' has probably been there a long time, i.e. my Notre Dame image this week. I'd say most of my images are 'of a thing' which is fine as sometimes the thing in question may be of interest to someone other than me.

The second type of image is the kind that can truly be called a 'capture', a term oft bandied about. This kind of image captures a brief moment in time, depicting a scene that will probably never occur again. Hence my fascination with 'street' photography.

So bearing that in mind, my winner this week has to be JillyG , that shadow pigeon keeps me coming back every time. Unique and an image truly captured.
View attachment 144541

2nd place is an 'of a thing' image but very clever with it. TomHH with Four in a Row. Not something I'd have thought of doing, would you?
View attachment 144542

and 3rd is sdimbour with View from Saint Jean de Luz, another moment in time shot coupled with a great 'of a thing' view.
View attachment 144544

No HM's as such as I loved all the other images equally. Thank you Jilly for asking me to stand in and thank you all for making the B/W challenge so interesting and educational :notworthy:
Wow, thank you John. That was a surprise. It’s always lovely when someone else appreciates the quirks in one of my images. :thumbs: And I like the little insight into your thinking.:) Well done to TomHH Tom and sdimbour Sandra for second and third respectively. :notworthy: And just a great job everyone who posted and commented. Okay, me and the pigeons are off to the Gallery. I’m taking a mop and bucket too - well, you know what pigeons are like!!!:lol:

The capture of the moment is unbeatable. The 'things' thingy can be reproduced many times in many perspective - the moment can't!
Wise words and thoughts , John!

Nevertheless I'm feeling honoured being one of the winners (even though I don't care about winning).

If my shots are touching peoples thoughts, minds or hearts I did it right.

But the biggest benefit of looking at all of your pictures is inspiration and being able to see what you saw the way you did right in this certain moment!

The capture of the moment is unbeatable. The 'things' thingy can be reproduced many times in many perspective - the moment can't!
Wise words and thoughts , John!

Nevertheless I'm feeling honoured being one of the winners (even though I don't care about winning).

If my shots are touching peoples thoughts, minds or hearts I did it right.

But the biggest benefit of looking at all of your pictures is inspiration and being able to see what you saw the way you did right in this certain moment!
Nicely said Tom. :thumbs:

I was looking through this weeks images and I thought I'd give you an insight to how my thinking works.
I’m glad you did! Always very interesting to hear. And I couldn’t agree more.... JillyG ’s capture is amazing!! :notworthy: Congrats Jilly!!

TomHH ’s image has such a unique perspective.... love it too. Well done Tom!

And sdimbour Sandra gave us another fab street shot, including people, great light and a wonder composition.

I might be wrong, but... Go to the left side of the line of birds. Count over 2 birds to the right. See the next bird with its wings in the air? I think the angle of the light is right for it to be making the shadow.
I saw him, but I feel like the angle and shape is wrong (doesn’t match up with the shadow in my eyes.) Also feels like he’s too high to cast that shadow?

View attachment 144541

View attachment 144542

View attachment 144544

Woawww!!! Thanks sinnerjohn ! o_O
Very happy as there were lots of great pics this week.
congrats JillyG your pigeons pic is amazing!!!
Congrats TomHH for your original image. Great composition love it
See you in the next challenge :)

Back
Top Bottom