B&W RESULT:#124 Black & White Challenge

img1556215126881_re.jpg

the upside down - extreme weather calls for extreme edit

It’s that time of the week again (doesn’t it come around quickly, or is it just me?) when I say that this challenge is CLOSED. I now call upon the judge to get up and stand up, strut her funky stuff (sure enough). And I will do just that. Back soon. :D

Well, one thing I’ve discovered is my “stuff” isn’t all that “funky” anymore and I think I’ve put my back out. But that hasn’t affected my judging. A lovely, eclectic mix of images this week and my particular favourite is NickLeon Nick’s MI6’s prototype secret weapon (back when iPhone 5Cs were all the rage) being tested in a shop window in Shaftsbury, Dorset, England.
0BB0D195-1EC5-4149-8C6B-8F60B83E44B1.jpeg

What a great shot. Talk about being in the right place at the right time (with the right lighting)! Mr Punch’s deathstare is spot on, and that lady’s face!! Great one Nick and you win this week.

Coming in a close joint second are two beach scenes - completely different, but both so beautifully composed - from sdimbour Sandra and deepop David.
7EDCD99E-5B74-4915-A093-861773777771.jpeg

Sandra’s image is almost abstract, but gives the impression of the vastness of the beach with that tiny suggestion of a person near the shoreline.

A6B827B2-6F8E-4B59-A218-01B49BFD7136.jpeg

And David’s beautiful Julia, caught mid-stride looking into the middle distance is just lovely. Millais would have had her lay in a weed-strewn bath of cold water, so much like (my idea of) Ophelia does she look (with or without the sunglasses).

So many other images to love this week, so everyone else gets an HM. Keep up the marvellous work!

Me and Mr Punch are now off to the Gallery. I hope I make it. I don’t like the way he’s looking at me!

Well, one thing I’ve discovered is my “stuff” isn’t all that “funky” anymore and I think I’ve put my back out. But that hasn’t affected my judging. A lovely, eclectic mix of images this week and my particular favourite is NickLeon Nick’s MI6’s prototype secret weapon (back when iPhone 5Cs were all the rage) being tested in a shop window in Shaftsbury, Dorset, England.
View attachment 144731
What a great shot. Talk about being in the right place at the right time (with the right lighting)! Mr Punch’s deathstare is spot on, and that lady’s face!! Great one Nick and you win this week.

Coming in a close joint second are two beach scenes - completely different, but both so beautifully composed - from sdimbour Sandra and deepop David.
View attachment 144732
Sandra’s image is almost abstract, but gives the impression of the vastness of the beach with that tiny suggestion of a person near the shoreline.

View attachment 144733
And David’s beautiful Julia, caught mid-stride looking into the middle distance is just lovely. Millais would have had her lay in a weed-strewn bath of cold water, so much like (my idea of) Ophelia does she look (with or without the sunglasses).

So many other images to love this week, so everyone else gets an HM. Keep up the marvellous work!

Me and Mr Punch are now off to the Gallery. I hope I make it. I don’t like the way he’s looking at me!
Great choices, Jilly! Well done, Nick, a brilliant image and congrats to Sandra and David too.

View attachment 144731

View attachment 144732

View attachment 144733

Congrats NickLeon you did a great iMage. Congrats deepop for your 2nd place and thanks JillyG for the joint 2nd place. See you in next week challenge :inlove:

Well, one thing I’ve discovered is my “stuff” isn’t all that “funky” anymore and I think I’ve put my back out.
:lol:

Super congrats to NickLeon Nick for this week’s win! :D High fives to sdimbour Sandra and deepop David. I feel like all of these images create an emotional/thoughtful experience, each in their own way. :notworthy:

View attachment 144731

View attachment 144732

View attachment 144733

Nice win for NickLeon I really liked that image. I had to smile as well, as we all ponder the technical merits of the latest iphone/Huawei/Pixel etc but give the top prize to an image made on a iphone5c :lol:
Just goes to prove (as we all know) that its the human behind the lens not the device that makes the art.
Congrats sdimbour and deepop too. David's image has a lovely nostalgic air to it, almost 1940's kind of vibe, lovely.

Many thanks for all of the kind comments, I must have another look at my archive and see if there is anything else that might be of interest.
Regarding phone types/age etc., for sure you don't need the latest kit to make a decent picture and I was always a model behind, sometimes two, when I first began using iPhones. Only in the last couple of years have I progressed to the latest model. On the camera side I have been using the same Olympus OM D for the last six years, only buying a newer model last month - too many people obsess about the gear side, you wonder if they ever have the time to get out and take photos.

Back
Top Bottom